33/Past

"please Habibi, don't leave me. I don't know what I did wrong but please don't leave me"  she was on her knees crying her heart out, holding on to her dear husband's leg.

"Get your dirty hands off me! You ugly woman!!" He yelled and kicked her, causing her to fall on her back, hitting her head on the tiles.

Just then, her little boy ran to her. He heard his mama loud sobs.

"Mama..s..stop.. crying" he joined his mother and began crying as well.

"Marrying you was my biggest mistake. You're ugly. Infact, the ugliest woman I've ever come across! From today, I'm leaving you and your so called son. I'm going to live my best life. Have fun with as many women I want. You know why? Because I'm the man here and you can't stop me. You've always stopped me from doing what I want. You made me pretend to my parents that I love you! You made me quit the best lifestyle ever so you could claim to have a good husband. Now that, Abbi (his father) is dead. I'm no longer tied to you!.. I.." he spat

"No! Baba! Mama is beautiful..the most beautiful woman. Stop yelling at her..look she's crying...my mama is crying because you're shouting" his son interrupted him. He didn't shout at his Baba, he never did. He respected his parents even at a young age.

"Will you shut up! How dare you talk to me like that. I'm your father"

"Habibi...p...pplease don't scare him..hiccup... this..hiccup...is bet..between us..hiccup..." She managed to voice out.

"Even your voice is ugly" he laughed.

"Now son, this is your chance, choose to leave your useless mother and come with me so we can live the best life or you stay with her and never be successful"

"WHAT??! You're making our son choose" this time, she was able to stand up but couldn't stop crying. She was trying to be courageous.

"Zail, come with me, let's go" he stretched his hands for his little boy to hold.

"No..you're a monster..you make mama cry, you're not my baba..my baba loves me..my baba never shout at me or mama" even though he was little, he had the confidence to speak up for his mother.

"Since you choose to be useless with your mother, goodbye. You'll never see me again"

That was how little Fuzail watched his father walk out of their lives.
He watched his mother break into pieces.

Few weeks after his father abandoned them...

*Knock* *knock*

"Mama!! Someone's at the door, should I open"

"No, hold on, I'm on my way" she wore her hijab and head to the door.
She opened it to find a man standing.

"Good day ma'am"

"Good day, how may I help you?" She asked. He handed her an envelope.

"What's this for?" She asked confused.

"Notice. The landlord asked to deliver this to you. You're to vacate the house in 3 days. Your rent is due" No! It's not possible. She wasn't working. Where would she be able to pay for the rent. If she left the house, where will she go to? She had no family or relatives the the country. She was doomed.

She couldn't say a word. She kept on staring at the letter in her hands.

"I'll take my leave ma'am"

She quickly entered the house and shut the door. She began crying.

"Mama..you're crying..is it Baba who came?" She immediately pulled him to a hug.

"We have nowhere to go now Fuzail"

"I don't understand Mama" 

You won't understand. You'll never understand.

The next day...
Maryam thought of a very good way to make money, but she could never gather enough money for rent in such little time.

She went out very early in the morning with all her jeweleries, they weren't expensive, she didn't own anything expensive. She dropped Fuzail with their neighbors as she didn't want to stress her little boy.

She came back home with some foodstuffs. You might think she's crazy but that's her idea. She was going to start selling food outside her house. She knew it won't make even quarter of the rent money but it'll be useful for her even if they sent her out of the house.

That was how Maryam and Fuzail lived their life. Fuzail was sent out of school due to lack of school fees and their landlord kicked them out of the house. She couldn't pay the house rent.

Fuzail always helped her with some of the work and his mother started getting recognition in the community with her amazing street food.

However, Fuzail on the other hand, never stole, never begged for food. He relied on his mother until she was able to gather money for his fees and she was able to rent a small apartment for the both of them to manage their lives.

The little Fuzail who was meant to live a useless life with his 'ugly' mother is now one of the youngest most successful men in the world and was once ranked the hottest bachelor of the year. I know you might say, it's because he's into illegal business...
There's a story behind that as well.

I know it's short, but I rather keep it short than keep y'all waiting ages for an update (guilty)
I just wanted to give you guys a little history of Fuzail.
Oh my poor Zail! Mama went through so much. I just hope he finds the right path and also have a space in his heart to love someone.

Please vote 🥺
It encourages me.
Comment as well!
Much love, God bless.