31/something bad

The flight to Paris wasn't as tiring as she expected it to be. They still took the private jet they used the last time but they stayed in separate rooms this time as Ammi didn't follow them.

"Let's eat before we go home. I'm so hungry" Fuzail demanded.

"But we just ate few hours ago" Hazal replied.

"Yes but I'm still hungry. Don't worry.The restaurant is in this airport"

"Fine. Let's go"

"But we just ate few hours ago" Fuzail tried mimicking her. She laughed and hit his arms playfully.

"Ouch!" He pretended to be hurt.

"Let's go Mahmud" he was strangely quiet.

"You two go. I'll wait outside. I'm not hungry" They all knew something was wrong with him. Fuzail was surely going to have a talk with him when they're done.

They both walked to the restaurant while Mahmud went somewhere else.

"I just want water"

"So why'd you follow me? I thought you wanted to eat as well or you want to keep staring at my handsome face" he replied smirking.

"Gross. Handsome my foot"

"Your kids will be so lucky. I mean look at me"
Hazal's mood immediately changed.

"Oh my bad. I was just kidding. In 7 months time, we'll go our seperate ways and you'll meet the man of your dreams. Hopefully" he didn't actually sound sincere. Like he didn't mean what he was saying.

"And you too Zail. I hope you get to be with the woman of your dreams as well. The woman who would put up with your annoying grumpy attitude" she said and they both laughed.

"I thought we were making a progress and having a decent conversation but you ruined it" he said in between laughters.

"Whatever. You know you can be annoying at times"

"You've told me before. I can see Mahmud is teaching you how to call me Zail"

"Yeah yeah" she flipped her imaginary hair.
Fuzail only shook his head and smiled.

Shortly, the waiter arrived with their meal. Fuzail ordered Chicken Parmesan along with a watermelon refresher while Hazal went for just water.

They were both chatting like normal coupl- friends.
"Please pass me your water" he requested.

"No take your watermelon drink"

"I said please"

She took a sip before passing it to him. She had no idea he was watching exactly where she placed her mouth on the cup. He looked carefully before he placed his own mouth exactly where hers was and sipped the water. That was all he wanted to do. He wasn't thirsty. He read somewhere that it was a habit the Prophet (peace be upon him) used to showcase to one of his wives. He had to give it a try.

"Mmmh banana"

"Huh?"

"Your lip...I mean...uhm the water...it tastes like banana"

"Oh it's.. my lip balm" Hazal was already turning red at this moment so she was looking everywhere but Fuzail.

"I see"

Silence.

Hazal still noticed some set of people staring at them. Yes Fuzail was a public figure but it was very strange. Whenever she made eye contact with them, they'd look away immediately and pretend to be doing something else.

"Fuzail?"

"Yeah?"

"Is this how people stare at you all the time?"

"What do you mean?"

"Ever since we arrived, some people have been following and looking at us. It's getting strange" she was getting gooose bumps already.
Fuzail hadn't noticed it earlier but after she said that he realized it was true.

"They're probably fans" lies.

"Let's just get going. I have a feeling something bad will happen" she replied.

"Sure but I want you to stay close to me no matter what"
She only nodded and they both stood up.

Fuzail knew what was going on but didn't know how to protect Hazal. He hoped nothing bad will happen.

They got out of the airport and called Mahmud but his number wasn't reachable. Then he spotted his bodyguards and walked towards them.

They all bowed their heads as they saw the couple.

"Where's Mahmud?" 
No reply.

"I said where is Mahmud???! Are y'all deaf?!"
Before they could reply, Mahmud came running and sweating with blood all over his white shirt.

Hazal screamed causing the guards and everyone walking to stare at her. Fuzail held her hand tightly.

I'm so sorry for the super late update. I've been busy with exams and school. I'll try my best to update frequently. Thanks for reading my book🤍