xiii. battledfield

★✩★✩ | 𝖻𝖺𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾𝖽𝖿𝗂𝖾𝗅𝖽

★✩★✩
| 𝖻𝖺𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾𝖽𝖿𝗂𝖾𝗅𝖽

"Good morning." Hayley heard Coach Finstock greet the lacrosse team that morning through a speaker phone, curious and walked into the boys locker room noticing another woman, Melissa McCall stood there.

"In less than an hour aircraft from here will be joking others from around the word. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind." Coach quotes off.

"What?" Melissa furrows looking to her left at Stiles. Hayley had heard the same speech for four years now and never got tried of it. "Mankind, that would have new meaning for all of us today."

Melissa leans forward down to Hayley.
"What the hell is he talking about?"

"He does this every year." Stiles answers with a shrug, finding it interesting that the rest of the term, hyped up Finstock.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah." Stiles turns back to the teacher.

"We are fighting for a right to live." Coach Finstock praise making the whole team cheer in agreement, Melissa lips parted in realization turning to look up at Stiles. "Is this what I think it is?"

"Yeah, it's the speech from Independence Day."

"But as the day would declare in one voice..." Coach continues grinning. "We will not go quietly into the night!"

"He doesn't know any spots speeches?" Melissa asked, watching the strange man.

"I don't think he cares." Stiles sighs.

"Today we celebrate our Independence Day!" Coach says making the whole team cheer once more for the speech.

"Well spoken, Coach." A voice Hayley thought she wouldn't have to hear ever again, the much older man entered the locker room moving Coach Finstock out of the way.

"I might have chosen something with a little more historical value, but there's no denying your passion. And while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my price in winning team for this school."

Stiles eyes stayed glue onto the man speaking g but it didn't stop him from slipping his hand into Hayley's passing a small squeeze, Hayley let his hand grasp hers, she loved that his love language is physical touch.

"I know you'll all be brilliant tonight even with only one co-Captain leading you." Hayley turn to Scott who was glaring at Gerard. "Now, I'm your principal, but I'm also a fan. So don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team. Get out there and murder them."