xlii. 117

★✩★✩ | 𝟣𝟣𝟩

★✩★✩
| 𝟣𝟣𝟩

Hayley, Scott, Lydia and Stiles knew the only source that could help them was Deaton, they hoped that he had a potion or something that came change Derek back to his original body.

"Wow." Deaton says staring down at the fifteen year. "Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do' kind of wow? Cause that's the kind of wow we're hoping for." Stiles said.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Deaton says, Hayley reached down grabbing Derek' hand with her own. "He's cold, like ice cold." Deaton took that as an interest and checked his pulse.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked, scanning the body. Deaton grabbed a mini flashlight checking both of Derek's eyes. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate, this is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked staring down at Derek, Hayley glanced away from the boy to Deaton

"Until he wakes up?" Deaton questions tilting his head. "Probably not much, it might be best to leave him with me, he'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate."

"She's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." Deaton says bringing the blanket closer to Derek's face.

Hayley shook her head, bringing Derek's hand. "Why would she did this to him?" She asked.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton answered with a soft voice.

Stiles scoffs. "And bad for everyone else."

Deaton nods. "You guys should probably go home, he doesn't look to be in any danger." He tells them. "So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep, it's a school night..." Hayley furrowed forgetting about school. "— and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you." Scott tells him, Hayley peered down at her hand noticing that Derek was gripping her hand while her hand stayed unmoving and volunteered to stay with Deaton.

"My grades are fine..." Hayley shrugs turning to her strawberry blonde friend. "Plus, Lydia and I take literally the same classes."

"She's right." Lydia said nodding.

Stiles kissed his teeth. "So not okay with this."

Hayley turned to him. "It will be fine, he and I are literally family. Guys, go."

"No." Stiles simply says shrugging his shoulders, Hayley looked away from him to Scott. "Text us if anything happens." Scott tells her and the hybird nods.