li. a promise to the dead

★✩★✩ | 𝖺 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗆𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝖽

★✩★✩
| 𝖺 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗆𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝖽

Hayley woke up early that morning when Scott text her, she didn't know why he wanted her to accompany him to Derek' loft before school but the second they arrived she knew why, he was afraid Derek would kick his ass and would need extra muscle.

Derek slides the gym bag of money away from his reach, Scott stood across from him fiddling with his hands. "Don't you want to know why I took so long to return it?"

"How much do you make at the animal clinic?" Derek asked him.

"Minimum wage." Scott says scrunching his nose.

"That's why." Derek exclaimed. "Everyone can be tempted, Scott. Even a true alpha." Hayley smiled turning to Scott.

"See? You didn't need any back up." Scott pursed his lips nodding, Derek pinched his brows together eyeing them both. "Anyways, it's not even mine, it belongs to Peter." 

"Where's your money then?" Hayley asked him, it was a lot of money in that gym bag, so whatever other money Derek had, she sure hoped he used it well. "You're standing on it."

The two teens furrow looking down at their feet when they began to realize what he meant and looked up at the werewolf with widened eyes and mouths dropped. "There's another vault?" Scott whispers excitedly.

"Oh my god—" Hayley exclaimed when Derek killed her joy instant with a laugh. "No, I own the building and I have my own bank accounts. All the money from the vault was Peter's, I think we'd actually be better of if the rest never came back." Derek tells them zipping up the gym bag.

Hayley eyed him for a moment and said. "We know Lydia was here last night." Derek sighs looking down. "Deaton is working on figuring out what Kate did to you, and if anyone can find a way, it's him."

Later that afternoon, after school Hayley met up with Stiles' at his place while Malia went out with Florence to hang out but Hayley thought it was more like a date, Malia growled at her before leaving and taking the car.

"That's when I learn to never ask questions about her love life, again." Hayley says jotting down a couple of notes she felt she would need.

Stiles laughed leaning his face on his fist, working on some homework. "I'm actually not surprised she growled at you."

Hayley nods. "Neither am I." Just then Noah Stilinski entered the room with a knock. "Drop what you're doing, Im taking you both out for dinner. Whatever you want." He smiled, Hayley pushed up from the bed to sit on her butt.