lix. strange frequencies

★✩★✩ | 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗇𝖼𝗂𝖾𝗌

★✩★✩
| 𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾 𝖿𝗋𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗇𝖼𝗂𝖾𝗌

"Hayden, it's Hayley."

The hybird was called before she was even able to go home, Liam, Stiles and Scott weren't very good at talking to most girls especially since she the fifth chimera and a werewolf and Hayley had some experience, teaching her sister.

"I know that you're scared but we can help." Hayley pressed her face against the door not hearing anything but the girl's breathing. She then turned back to the three guys. "I can hear her heart beating, she's really scared. What happened?" She asked Liam.

"She was okay when we got here, I went to text you guys for two seconds and she locked herself in." Liam explained shrugging.

"Why?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know." Liam says.

"She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott asked stepping up. Liam nodded. "She said she heard a voice saying 'your condition improves'." Hayley furrows and turned back to the door.

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles mumbles, waking up to the door himself and knock. "Hayden. This is Stiles, your sister works for my dad down at the station, look just open the door, okay? You can trust us."

For a moment they believed it would work, but Hayden didn't move from the other side of the door and Hayley stepped up once more. "We will tell you everything, Hayden. And it would be best if we can see your face. Look, you can either open the door or I'll force the door open. It's okay if you don't want to talk to us or if you're not ready to believe us but I just.... I have to know if your okay."

Hayley took a step back and the door unlocked leaving a small gap, she reached forward and slowly pushed the door back. Hayden stood there with yellow eyes and her claws out.

"I believe you."

Hayley was on protecting duty at the school, Hayden was a Chimera and they didn't want the Dread Doctors to capture or to kill and if they did, Liam wouldn't trust them anymore. Scott had a second plan which the beta didn't know about.

Hayley sat on the bench keeping a close eye on the younger teenagers. "Guys, I was just thinking since we can't use our phones, we can't check on Stiles and Theo." Lydia told them.

"I didn't even think about that." Scott says honestly. "Neither did I." Hayley said sighing.

"So we're standing here waiting for guys in masks and breathing tubes to show up." Lydia exclaimed. "But who or what's are Stiles and Theo waiting for?"

Liam stood up from the ground, looking over at the black gym bag and curiosity took over and he looked inside, he grabbed the chains and turned to Scott. "What are you going to do with these?"

Scott pushed off the wall. "Brought them just in case." His alpha tells him. "In case of what?" Liam asked.

Lydia turned looking up at him. "In case we have the chance to catch one of them." Liam furrowed down at her then at Scott. "If we can't make the school a fortress, we can make it a trap." Scott explains.

"They're coming for her." Liam nudged his head over to Hayden, who was now awake. "That means she's the bait."

Liam jaw clenched throwing the chains back inside the bag. "Liam, we brought her here to protect her." Hayley said standing up, standing guard by Hayden. "And now she's bait." Liam gaze harden.

"Am I?" Hayden asked them.

"No, no one's bait." Scott reassured her and turned to Liam. "But we can't be bodyguards to everyone every night."

"Then why aren't we talking to Stiles' dad?" Liam questions. "Why aren't we doing something better than hiding in a school?"

"Because we still don't know anything about them or what they want, okay?" Scott defends. "They're winning, and we don't even know what the game is."

"What if they come in here and those things don't work." Liam says, pointing at the devices placed around them inside the school. "What if you have an asthma attack again? What are we gonna do?"

"I don't know." Scott muttered.

"This plan sucks!" Liam declares.

"You got a better one?" Scott asked him, and Liam stepped down. "Kids are dying! And she's next. So somebody has to do something, somebody has to save everyone. So somebody's got to be the bait!"

Hayley rubbed an hand on Lydia's shoulder, watching Liam' face morphed into angry when he heard Scott's words. Liam sighed lowly and stepped closely to him. "Scott, promise me you'll do everything you can to save her. Scott— promise."

"I'll do everything I can. I promise." Scott nodded.

"Guys." A panic voice brought their attention to Hayden. "I think I might need a little help right now, I forgot my pills. I have a bottle in my locker, I can get them but—"

"I'll get them." Scott cuts her off. "What's your combination?" Soon enough Scott left the locker room quickly while Hayley stood back to keep watch, she didn't even notice that Lydia was gone, to preoccupy in watching Hayden and Liam.

"Liam?"

Hayley stepped around the lockers to the front, Liam propped the door open and there stood a Dread Doctors. "Liam." Hayley hissed his name yanking him back, and pushed them both behind her, protecting them as they masked doctors inched closer.

Liam and Hayden grabbed one of Hayley' hands, scared out of their minds and the hybrid felt it pumping through her ears. "We are on a frequency you can't possibly imagine."

Before either of them could blink, Hayley was knocked down by a metal cane against her head. Liam watched her body tumble and a Dread Doctor come over and sling her over their shoulder, before he knew it, he and Hayden were knocked unconscious.

—