xxi. frayed

★✩★✩ | 𝖿𝗋𝖺𝗒𝖾𝖽

★✩★✩
| 𝖿𝗋𝖺𝗒𝖾𝖽

Hayley couldn't even remember how she got into cross country— track but they she remembered someone by the name Stiles, who had wanted to be with her at all times and somehow convinced coach to let her on the team, so there she was sitting beside her boyfriend and best friend Scott in the back of the school bus.

Hayley's mind wondered off to the the previous night, there was already so much going through her mind. "Hey, yo, Scotty?" She turned to her left at the werewolf leaning against the window. "Still with me?"

Scott nods turning away from the window to Stiles. "Yeah, sorry, uh, what's the word."

"Anachronism." Stiles reads off his ipad.

"Something that exists out of its normal time." Scott gave the definition, Stiles hums in approval. "Nice, okay, best word— incongruous."

"Um, can you use it in a sentence?"

Stiles nods feeling his girlfriend head drop on his shoulder. "Yes, yes I can. It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happen— incongruous." Stiles says looking out to the front.

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd."

"Perfect, okay next word, uh Darach—" Hayley lifted her head hearing the word. "Darach, it's a noun." Stiles says glancing between the two werewolves. "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for like, five hours, so why not?"

Stiles stared at Scott face, Hayley could sense the uncomfortableness off Scott. "Stiles, next word please." She said choosing to chance the subject, Stiles sighs saying. "Intransigent."

"Stubborn, obstinate." Scott began to name when the school bus hit a speed bump causing the werewolf to winched and grab his side. "Oh buddy, are you okay?" Stiles asks, seeing the pain in his face. "We shouldn't have come."

"Yeah, Scott. Is it your side again." Hayley stood up straight looking pass Stiles to her friend. Scott shook his head. "No, we had too, there's safety in numbers."

"Yeah, well there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre—" Stiles said looking back down at the iPad screen. "... or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow that's—" Scott groans which caught Stiles off.

"All right, Scott, I'm telling coach—"

"No, no, no I'm all right." Scott utters shaking his head. "Well, you don't look all right. Would you just let me see it?" Stiles leaned forward, Scott pulled his arm down quickly.