Chapter 7

Isabelle's P.O.V.

I walked over to Delia's the next day, wanting to talk to her about Liam. There was something about him that I couldn't figure out. The way he acted around me, like he was nervous. Was it competition stress, or was it something else?

A part of me wished he was nervous because he liked me and didn't want to humiliate himself, but I forced that thought away. I couldn't think that way. I couldn't focus on puppy love when I had a competition in two months. I needed to focus.

I knocked on the door and waited for a moment. The door opened and Zayn stood there.

"Isabelle," he said in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to Delia," I said.

"Who is it Zayn?" I heard Delia call.

"It's Isabelle," he answered behind him. "Erm come on in."

I walked inside and that was when I heard Delia say, "Well what does she want?"

"She came to talk to you," Zayn called. "Sorry," he said to me. "She's still a little tense after last night."

"Understandable," I nodded. "It's frustrating."

"Especially when it's one of your best friends," he sighed.

"Well of course," I said. "Some things just aren't meant for both of you."

"What, did Liam tell you?" Delia asked coming into the room.

I was confused. She knew I was at the dance studio with her, she couldn't be that stupid.

"Uh no," I said. "I was there remember?"

"No you weren't," Delia said. "You didn't come back with us."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?" Zayn asked in confusion.

"I'm talking about all of you getting all frustrated at the lesson last night," I said.

They looked at me and then Delia said, "So Liam didn't tell you."

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"About the huge fight last night," Zayn said.

"The huge fight last night?" I asked.

"Sit down," Delia sighed.

I sat on their couch with them and then Delia began, "It started after we came back. We were all debating whether or not to start going every week. We thought it'd be fun, all of us together dancing. But then Liam said we were always together."

I began to squirm as she told me what he said, meaning he said everything I told him at the studio.

"And then he just walks out," Delia finished. "I could go strangle him right now."

"No if you're going to strangle anyone...strangle me," I said.

"Why?" Zayn asked. "You've done nothing."

"I've done everything."

"What do you mean?" Delia asked.

"I told him all those things. I asked him why you were there and when he told me I...I wasn't thinking and I just ran my mouth. I told him that he was never alone, none of you were ever really alone, told him you were like a pack of wolves, everything."

"You said all that?" Delia was livid.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. "I don't know what I was thinking. I-,"