Chapter 14

Liam's P.O.V.

"Thanks for dinner," Isabelle said as we walked up to her door.

"You're welcome," I smiled. "I hope Delia wasn't...too much."

"She's Delia, she'll always be too much," she laughed and I knew she didn't mean it in a rude way. I laughed as we approached her door.

"I had a really nice time tonight," she said.

"I did too," I smiled.

"I guess I'll um...see you then."

"See you," I said, smile still in place.

She bit her bottom lip as her eyes flicked away from mine briefly.

"You don't have to ask," I laughed lightly before pulling her to me and kissing her.

Her hands snaked up my chest and connected loosely behind my neck as I held her by her waist. I cocked my head to the side as I deepened the kiss.

Too soon, she pulled away, blushing furiously as she said, "Good night Liam."

"Good night Isabelle," I smiled before she pecked my lips one last time before disappearing inside her flat.

As I drove down the dark empty street, I thought about everything, starting from the moment I'd met her. I'd gotten her to like me as a friend, and now, I was her boyfriend. I couldn't believe I'd gotten here after everything.

From not thinking I could even get her to like me as a friend, to Delia making her feel she wasn't wanted here, I never thought I'd get her here like I did. It was amazing. And Delia really liked her now. After she saw past the girl she'd hated since she was small, she liked her.

As soon as the door opened, Brit began to jump around me, begging for attention.

"Hi girl," I smiled as I crouched to stroke her. She started sniffing my shirt everywhere. "What're you doing Brit?" I asked her in confusion as her tail began whipping back and forth in a blur. "Are you OK?" I asked her, knowing full well she wouldn't respond. "Goofball," I finally smiled at her as I stood up.

She followed me up to my room as I got ready for bed. I crawled under the sheets and she settled next to me. I stroked her as I thought about the events of the evening.

Isabelle was everything I'd dreamed about in a girl, and more. She wasn't too boisterous, although after being around Delia, I could probably handle that. She was sweet, and she wasn't pushy, but she didn't let people walk all over her either.

Isabelle was just so amazing, how could I have ever thought for a second that she didn't belong to me? I couldn't believe I had gotten this lucky.

"OK ready?" Isabelle asked as she stood up from putting her shoes on.

"No," I said. "Can't we skip this and just sit around all day?"

"No," she giggled tapping my nose. "Just because we're dating now doesn't mean we can cut back on our practice. We still have to work hard."

"Well we can make it interesting," I said beginning the music.

"How?" she asked as we began and I spun her toward me.

"Like this," I said kissing her quickly before we continued. I lead her through the whole dance that way, kissing her when I could and making her blush and laugh every time.

As soon as I flipped her into the ending dip, my lips met hers in a long and meaningful kiss.

"I told you!"