Chapter 20

Isabelle's P.O.V.

I walked down the street to the studio as the April air hit my skin. I was going to a private practice with David so we could work on our routine.

Just as I was walking up to the studio, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Isabelle. I'm sorry but something came up. I can't make it today," David apologized.

"Oh," I said. "It's fine. I'll see you Thursday."

"See you Thursday."

I sighed as I hung up. There was no point in wasting time. I walked up to the studio door. But I was seeing it in a new way now.

It used to just be the portal into my passion. It was the way into a world where I expressed myself through dance. But now, it was different.

This was the door that Liam had walked through all those months ago and taken me on the most amazing journey. I entered the studio and everything seemed different. Without anyone in there, everything was personal. I recalled every memory with Liam there was. The night we met, the night we talked, the night everything changed. And every memory since. Competition, our short-lived relationship, everything.

This was where everything had begun for us. This was where everything had become magical. I plugged my phone into the speaker and began to play random music, dancing around, doing whatever came to mind as I thought about Liam.

Liam who I had danced with. Liam who had lied. Liam who hadn't tried. Liam who hadn't talked to me. Liam who had loved me.

Liam who I loved.

I began to cry even as I danced. This is where everything started. This was where I had fallen for him. This was where he'd stolen my heart and I still didn't have it back.

Taylor Swift began to filter through the speaker and my tears flooded down my cheeks as she sang.

I was reminiscing just the other day

While having coffee all alone

And Lord, it took me away

I took off my ballroom shoes and pulled on a pair of the loaner ballet slippers over my tights.

Back to a first glance feeling on New York time

Back when you fit my poems like a perfect rhyme

Took off faster than a green light, go

I hadn't expected Liam to captivate me like he had. I hadn't expected to fall for him so quickly. Everything in our relationship had moved so fast. Faster than a green light.

Yeah, you skip the conversation when you already know

I left a note on the door with a joke we'd made

And that was the first day

And darling, it was good

Never looking down

And right there where we stood

Was holy ground