Chapter 11

Liam's P.O.V.

There was something different about the way we had danced. I'd always felt the connection, but this, this was a fire burning in my veins. All I could focus on was the way she felt in my arms and the fact that I knew she was feeling the same passionate fire burning in her. I knew it from the look in her eyes and the way she moved. Her lips were right there, waiting to meet mine. I had looked into her eyes and saw her looking right back at me. It was the two of us, no one had to know.

She was probably ready to kill me now. Sure we were making progress, I didn't think she completely despised me now, but going in for that kiss might have taken her back to a place where she didn't want to be around any of us.

I was right.

They were still suggesting people stay indoors, just as a precaution so we were trying to find things to do. It wasn't too hard, we were on buses and in hotels and waiting offstage for tour and interviews for a living and we managed to pass time. But we found just talking was better than anything we ever did.

We were all sitting around talking and eating everything that was in Claire and Harry's kitchen. Isabelle was being completely silent, not saying a word, only announcing her presence with a cough or a sneeze. I didn't look back at her all day, scared of what I might see in the hazel eyes that captivated me. I didn't want her to hate me, I didn't want to make her feel anything but happy.

"Hey, if you guys want to leave you can now," Claire said checking her phone. "They say it's OK."

"Think it might be OK to go back and change and then come back?" Delia asked. "This is nice."

"Yeah it is," Eleanor agreed.

"Of course," Claire smiled. "Isabelle, are you going to stay?"

Everyone's gaze turned to her, but I kept mine focus on the tea mug in my hand. I couldn't bring my eyes to her.

"I think I'm just going to go home," she said quietly. "Thanks for everything though, I appreciate it."

"Anytime you need," Claire said.

"Thanks," Isabelle said.

They all began grabbing their things to leave, but I stayed where I was.

"Um...bye Liam," I heard Isabelle's quiet voice say.

"Bye Isabelle," I said, still not meeting her eyes. "I'll see you Thursday."

"Right," she said. "Uh...bye."

I heard her go to the door and it opened and shut.

"Liam Payne what the fuck is wrong with you?"

I looked up and saw an angry head of red hair coming my way.

"What?" I asked.

"You daft idiot!" she yelled screeching to a halt in front of me. "I swear you have to be the most clueless guy ever when it comes to girls."

"What did I do?"

"You haven't looked at her all morning! Or at least not since all of us woke up. How do you expect to win her over if you won't even look at her?"

"I couldn't look at her," I said.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because-," I stopped and took a breath before continuing. "Because I nearly kissed her this morning and I was scared that if I looked at her, I was just going to see the same hatred from when she first met me."