Chapter 18

Liam's P.O.V.

I'd been here for 15 minutes and already I'd taken pictures and signed autographs for fans. I was in a changing area with the lads who were trying their best to calm me down.

"Liam chill mate," Zayn tried. "You know this routine, you know the moves. Just execute it and you'll be fine. Isabelle will be there with you."

"Yeah you'll be fine. You perform for people all the time Liam. It'll be OK," Niall agreed.

I just nodded, trying to get the butterflies out of my stomach. I was afraid if I opened my mouth I was going to be sick everywhere.

I was practicing in the minimal space I had, going over footwork and timing. I wanted us to win. I wanted our routine to be perfect. Not for me, but for Isabelle. This meant so much to her and I didn't think I could live with myself if I lost it for her. I had to be flawless.

"When are you supposed to meet her?" Zayn asked.

I checked my watch. "Five minutes ago."

"Give her some time," Louis said immediately. "Calm down. She's with Delia, you know how Delia is when she's doing fashion and hair and stuff. She makes it look amazing but you cannot rush her."

"We can't be late though," I said nervously.

"Typical Liam Payne," Harry shook his head.

"Harry if we're late, we're disqualified," I said.

"Oh...never mind."

I rolled my eyes and began to get nervous as time ticked by and Isabelle still wasn't here.

"Alright! We need all the couples lined up in numerical order here!" someone commanded. "And if you're spectators, you need to go take your seats."

"Later mate," Zayn said clapping me on the back. "You've got this. You can do it."

"Hope so," I said before they left and I lined up behind number 152.

Where was Isabelle? Every couple was there, waiting to be called on, but Isabelle wasn't yet. I saw the lads from where I was standing in the doorway and they all shot me a thumbs-up. Delia came down the aisle and sat next to Zayn.

"Where's Isabelle?" I mouthed to her.

"Coming," she mouthed with a smile. "Good luck."

"And now for the couples! Please welcome, couple 150, Lara Playton and David Schmit!"

He called the next couples and then I heard, "Couple 152, Tana Fillger and James Baylor!"

"Hey," I heard someone gasp. Isabelle.

"Where have you-," I began but I got cut off by "Couple 153, Isabelle Mayling and...is this right? Yes? OK then...Isabelle Mayling and Liam Payne!"

I walked out with Isabelle as a few gasps came through the crowd at my appearance.

I finally got a chance to look at Isabelle as the rest of the couples were called out before the freestyles round began.

"You look beautiful," I smiled at her.

"Thank you," she smiled as they called for us to dance a waltz. I lead her through a simple routine that I knew we could both execute perfectly and we did get a pretty good score.

"Now we will begin solo routines, beginning with couple 150," the announcer said and Isabelle and I went back to where contestants were held. We waited as the next couples were called out and finally, "Couple 153!"