Epilogue

Liam's P.O.V.

Delia and Zayn walked through the door with huge smiles and holding hands.

"Happy anniversary!" Isabelle smiled broadly, letting go of my hand and running to embrace them.

We had invited everyone over to our flat for Zayn and Delia's anniversary celebration. Nothing too big, just a get together with all of us. We'd all felt bad for them having to sit through Connor's wedding on their anniversary, Delia especially.

"Where's Lou and El?" Delia asked.

"Louis said they were going to be late, but he didn't say why," I answered. As soon as the words had left my mouth, Louis and Eleanor walked through the door.

All throughout the party, I noticed something a little off about the two of them. Eleanor seemed very disconnected from him, staying closer to the girls than to him.

I brushed it off. It wasn't like they had to be glued at the hip forever and always.

But when I asked Isabelle about it that night after everyone had left, she'd told me something.

"She was talking about how at the wedding she made eye contact with some guy and something like, switched in her," she explained.

"You don't think," I began.

"No," she said, reading my mind. "She wouldn't do that. It's probably just a crush. She'll get over it. I mean come on, it's her and Louis. She'd never leave him for a guy she made eye contact with."

"But if she does..." I trailed off.

"If she does, we'll deal with it then," she finished. "Right now, it's nothing and that's how we have to treat it. And Louis can't know. He's completely in love with her. If we tell him, he's going to hate us."

I nodded. Isabelle was so smart when it came to stuff like this. She knew how to be sensitive with people, how to approach every situation. I loved her.

It was so amazing to think that nearly a year ago, I had been heartbroken, and just like that, she'd danced her way into my life and into my heart.

I always thought back to that night. What if I hadn't seen that shadow? What if I hadn't gone there? What if Isabelle hadn't been there? What if she'd been paired with someone else? Would we have met some other way, some other time? Would we have found a love that seemed impossible?

She'd hated me when we first met. What if I'd quit because of that? What if she never learned to love me? What if she hadn't fallen for me and we'd gone our separate ways after competition?

What if when I'd told her to find a new partner, she had? What if I'd just quit before I had a chance?

All these 'What if's' kept entering my mind. I loved her so much, it was like I still couldn't believe how lucky I'd gotten by finding her. She was my perfect match and she was mine.

Those months we'd spent apart, I couldn't bare another. When we were on tour and all we had were calls, Tweets, and Skype, I couldn't take it. I needed her next to me. I needed her with me.

I knew now how much I loved her because I had exactly the mindset as what Delia had told me: I couldn't be without her. Without her, something was off, something was missing. I needed her to complete me and fill me up.

"I love you," I told her after I'd finished brushing my teeth.

"I love you too Liam," she said. "Why the random love though?"

"I just need you to know," I said coming to wrap her in my arms.

"I do know Liam," she smiled. "And I love you back."

She pressed her lips to mine and nothing else mattered in the world. Not the fact we had to leave tomorrow, not anything between Louis and Eleanor, not that I wasn't going to see her for three months, nothing. Nothing mattered. I just needed her there with me.

And that's what I had.