Chapter 15

Liam's P.O.V.

Three weeks. We had three weeks until competition and I was feeling the pressure. I was still tripping over my own feet, my timing was off, and Isabelle had been trying to keep calm every time I set her down from the lift, but I knew her feet and ankles were killing her.

All this plus the fact that the tour had started was making me crazy. I was able to fly home on the off days to practice with Isabelle, but I was spending more time in planes than I was with the lads or practicing. The media was speculating I was having mood swings, trying to decide whether or not to quit the band. It was laughable. There was also speculation that I was flying home to see someone I was dating, which was partially true.

Honestly, I was so tired, I could barely function. I put on a big, fake smile during performances and Lou had to put so much makeup on my face to cover my exhaustion. Jet lag was a killer, and I was never one to sleep on planes. It took a while for me to do so. And once I was back in London, I was practicing with Isabelle pretty much non-stop. I was trying so hard to get this right, not only for me, but for her as well.

She told me how much winning would mean to her. Dancing was all she had left. She didn't want to work in a diner her whole life and she'd quit Uni. She said there was nothing there for her, not when she just wanted to dance her whole life. Her dream was to win competitions and become a professional. Then, when she couldn't dance because her body just wouldn't allow her, she wanted to judge competitions all over the world. Dancing had become her passion in life. It was all she wanted to do.

At the moment, I was sitting in the styling room as Lou attempted to make me look presentable. She was applying so much makeup to my face, which the lads obviously found humorous.

"Hey Lila, Claire wants you to have a girl's night with her once we're back," Harry snickered.

"Oh Danielle wants you to go get your hair done with her too," Niall laughed.

"Alright, enough," Zayn came to my rescue. "You'd be tired too if you were flying back and forth nearly every day."

"Thanks buddy," I said to the Bradford lad.

"And it's hard to get your beauty sleep when you're flying that much," he finished.

I shot him a look as the boys erupted into laughter.

"Alright enough," Lou said. "Come on Harry, you'll probably need as much makeup as Liam. Try to get a little sun will you?"

I laughed as Harry flushed and took my spot in front of Lou.

"How long until competition?" Zayn asked.

"Three weeks from tomorrow," I said running a hand through my hair. It was growing back nicely, it was barely long enough to run my fingers through but I liked it. "I'm leaving as soon as the show is done tonight."

"Mate, maybe you ought to take a break," Zayn suggested. "I mean this is a lot to handle, the tour, competition, everything. You need to rest."

"No I'm fine," I said. "Once competition is over, I can focus more, I can take it easy. But not now. I have too much going on."

"That's why you should take a break," Zayn pressed. "You have too much going on. Or what if we flew Isabelle out to us?"

"She has work and dance. One of us should be there. She has to teach me," I explained.

"I don't know mate," he sighed. "I think it's too much for you to handle."

"I'll be fine," I assured. "I'll be fine."