Tense.

Going to sleep wasn't easy for half the titans, It took a while just for everyone to finally close their eyes Garfield on the other hand kept twisting and turning in his sleep and when he eventually drifted to a deep slumber he was left with himself and the nightmare.

Jason of course had his arm wrapped around his waist sleeping himself, completely unaware of what's going on with his own boyfriend.

The nightmare Gar was having continued in a endless loop of the deaths he's caused.

Garfield keeps seeing Jason in a pool of his own blood and he couldn't do anything to help him because he was the one that did this to him. "I'm sorry.." He keeps mumbling to Jason who looks up at him with a pained expression before trying to speak up.

"Wh- why?" Is all he says spluttering up some blood,

Gar kneels down in front of Jason taking his bloody hands into his, "..I'm so sorry.." He tries to tell him as his voice broke apart in fear of himself. "I'm so sorry.." He says one last time moving his hand to place it on Jason's bruised cheek.

Garfield watches as Jason closes his teary eyes and sees him take his final breath. "Jason.." He calls out, but there was no reaction at all so he tries again. "..Jason please, don't leave me.." He cries out voice wavering and lips quavering leaning his head on the titans shoulder.

"I- I'm sorry.."

Garfield clutches the soft part of Jason's suit letting out tears,

Jason wakes up to the sound of Garfield crying and the feeling of his finger clutching at his shirt, Jason knew that his boyfriend was having another nightmare..

He sits up starting to shake Gar attempting to wake him up but he wasn't budging,

"Gar?" Jason started to call at him.

Gar let's out a sound that sounded more like a whimper and a mumbled word that he couldn't really hear. "Gar wake up."

Jason shakes him again but with more of a force really not meaning to, he decides to try something else he pulls Garfield up and moves him close to his own chest. "I'm here.." He tries to get through to him.

Garfield's face scrunches up twisting in his arms letting out another pained sound, "Forget it." Jason shakes his head losing his control.

"Babe! Wake up."

And that seemed to have done it because Garfield immediately jolted out of his own dream,

Jason thumbs his hair back he can practically feel Garfields whole body throbbing, muscles tensed, fingernails aching; throat burning and dry and full with a gag.

"-Just breathe.."

Garfields tries to breathe, mouth was rigid with concern – brow furrowed over his two eyes, lighting up when Jason looks at him.

Jason hands cradle Gar's face, catching tears when they finally roll off the tip of his nose. He's talking to him but Garfield didn't really care what he was saying he was more relieved that Jason didn't die and left him..

"It was just a dream, babe, whatever happened it's not real. It's all over-"

It's not over for Gar, he just couldn't escape it.

"-Hey just take in some deep breaths, you and me, okay? Look at me."

"Gar, look at me, just me okay?"

Garfield blinks the tears out of his eyes, trying to let him back into frame, his mind kept reliving the nightmare over and over every time he looks away.

"Breathe.." Jason tells him placing a hand on his neck reassuringly,

Garfields throat locks off.

"Breathe, Gar,"

He does taking in a long shaky breath of oxygen as he looks back at Jason, "It's okay," he whispers, pulling Gar to his chest now; "Just breathe..."

"-I hurt you, I didn't want to-" Gar says voice wavering in distress,

"-Not your fault, It's not your fault Gar.."

"-It is," Garfield rebukes, shaking his head against his chest. "It's my fault, I- I was the one, Jason, I did it. It's my fault."

"You were asleep ." Jason reminds him he didn't know what had happened but he wanted to try his best to be there for him.

"I killed you," Gar says, and gasps it back into his mouth.

Jason eases Garfield back to where he can see him. He notices that Gar wouldn't even meet his eyes only staring at his chest, and swallows.

"Listen to me.."

"I am.." Gar mumbles,

"No, seriously listen to me, Gar," Jason says in a more serious tone, trying to coax him up to looking at him. "You didn't kill me. You hear me? I'm here, your here."

"I killed you Jason," Garfield recites, jaw trembling as he finds his gaze. "I... I killed you as a tiger, I watched you bleed out to death-"

"You didn't fuckin kill me Gar I'm still here-"

Jason cuts himself off, voice threatening to break he looks away,

"Blame me," He begins again, tone controlled, "I'm the reason that your like this. I'm the reason that those fuckers took Kory..Gar-" Jason stops as his voice gave out.

Gars eyes began to water again,

"So, blame me.."

"I can't blame you, when I agreed to go with you that day.." Garfield tells him, "I'm not going to blame you."

"-We both could've died that day.." Jason frowns looking away to catch his own breath.

"I saved us Jason, I realize that now and I'll probably do it again and again.." Garfield admits causing the other titan to look back at him.

"How can we get over this?" He asks Gar,

"By getting over it, but for now you can start by reading to me?"

Jason huffs out one of those sad laughs,

"I hate you.."

"No you don't." Garfield moves closer pressing a kiss to the other titans lips lightly, "Hold me?" Jason nods closing his eyes and grabbing Garfield closer to him wrapping an arm around his small shoulders before slowly falling asleep.