Coma

Dick walked down the hall to the room Kory was held in, he pushed open the door and walked in, the room was dimly lit with one flickering light bulb hanging on the ceiling, and on the table lay Kory. Her clothes were torn slightly and stained with blood.

It was clear she was beaten and drugged. Dick approached her quietly and leaned over the table placing his hand on hers. "Kory?" He whispered softly, she gave no indication that she had even noticed his presence in the room.

"..Kory can you hear me?" He asks, A few seconds later he hears her small groan. His smile widens in relief, "..Hey, you're okay." He says softly , squeezing her hand once. Slowly he moves one of his hands to run his fingers through her hair gently, it took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the light.

He reached for the straps that held her body in place. She watched him carefully, wanting to protest but found herself too weak, after all she hadn't eaten in hours and her powers were drained.

When Dick managed to get the straps loose Kory immediately moved her arms away from the restraints. He looked up at her worried and gave her a slight smile, "I got you..I'm here."

Kory stares at him with tired eyes, "....Dick?" She whispers,

"Yeah..it's me.."

"..How did you find me?" She questions.

"I had help," Dick tells her simply see Kory struggle to sit up, she winces as she does so causing Dick to tighten his hold on her hand, "Easy.." He assures her, helping her get into a sitting position.

Kory leans against his body exhausted. She feels so weak that any movement causes her to wince in discomfort. "Let's get you out of here." Dick tells her. "Can you walk?" He added.

"No..my legs.." She told him shaking her head, "..They aren't working right now..I've been drugged...by something toxic, it only showed me my deepest fears..."

Dick frowns at that, "..That sounds like Scarecrow." He informs her. "C'mon I'll carry you out." Dick offers, Kory nods letting him place one arm underneath her knees and one behind her back, pulling her towards him before carrying her out of the room.

The alarms were still going off and the lights were flickering red and blue in the halls.

"..Isn't this Scarecrow in jail?" Kory mumbles as she rests her head against Dick's shoulder.
"Yeah..." Dick responds, "He's been locked up since the night me and Bruce defeated him, and he's guarded well, so if this is him how did he manage to escape.."

Kory hummed in agreement leaning more into Dick, "I don't know..but I'm glad to be alive, where's everyone else?" She asks.

"..Searching the building for Jason, he went off alone, I was with him but he was the one that left, my guess he was trying to find you alone."

Kory shifts in Dick's arms, he stops walking causing Kory to tilt her head back slightly to look up at him, "Is everything okay?" She asks.

"Yeah..I'll take you to the car but I have to come back and find Jason, everything's far too easy. No one's here, this was more likely a set up, do you remember seeing anybody?"

Kory shakes her head no, "No nothing, l just remembered waking up to see..." She trails off, "..my sister putting an IV in my arm..trying to take my powers.." Kory states, Dick raises an eyebrow, "Your sister?"

"Yeah. but I'll tell you about her some other time.." Kory tells Dick, "For now, I need to get out of here.." Kory says, they begin making their way through the building towards the exit.

~~~~
As Garfield followed Rachel, his mind was a whirlwind of emotions. He couldn't believe Jason had gone off on his own, and now they didn't know where he was or what danger he might be facing. The fear for Jason's safety mixed with the anger he felt towards Dick for letting this happen.