ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇ ᴠɪ

Rachel and Dick left out he remembered that he'd buy the young titan coffee since he ended up spilling hers the other day, today was the perfect time to make that up.

He even let Jason and Gar stay behind, that's why he gave Garfield the choice to go inside the practice room so they'd spend their time there and not in the living room.

As they came up next in line the female barista immediately ask them. "And what would you two like?"

"Black coffee." Rachel answered first, After that Dick found his answer. "Iced coffee please."

The woman raises an eyebrow. "Black coffee? You sure?"

Dick wasn't surprised, Rachel said herself she wasn't even supposed to have coffee..

"Yeah, I'm sure." Rachel hums.

"Alright..and names?" The barista adds,

"Rachel.."

"Dick."

The barista looked at Dick her face suddenly turning a shade of red, "M'sorry?"

"My names Dick." He repeats,

"Alright..your orders will be right up." The barista backs away and fixes the drinks herself, Rachel watched as the lady pulled out a sharpie, then she wrote thick lines R-a-c-h-e-l. She did the same for Dick then she caps the drinks. Clearing her throat awkwardly, she moves the cup to the countertop and finally makes eye contact with Dick and Rachel again.

Rachel made the move to take her drink Dick followed behind.

"Thanks." Rachel says before taking a long sip out of her coffee.

Dick found a table outside the coffee shop he sat in a chair and so did Rachel sitting on the other side. "That lady couldn't believe Dick is your name."

"Most people believe I'm joking when I tell them." Dick admits, most of the time it annoys him but as he got older the name became almost numb when he heard someone laugh or comment about it.

Rachel just chuckles to herself, she looked around gazing at the view of people walking around with their family and pets.

She couldn't help but become sad since those people reminded her of what she's lost not so long ago, Dick caught on. "Don't worry, I won't leave you."

Rachel nods seeing the promise in his eyes, the last time he said that was outside a arcade with her and Kory and he didn't have that promise, instead he had a look of betrayal.

This time she believed him.