Chapter 5

Monday morning saw everyone busy with classes. However, they were all done by 7pm and decided to meet for dinner at the nearby cafe.

However, dinner also revealed some underlying tension between some. Forth and Yo were just sitting by themselves right at the corner, watching Kit and Park sit next to each other but deadly silent.
Lam and Beam were also sitting next to each other but for some reason, they had pretended like they couldn't see each other. Rather Beam was fervently ignoring Lam and Lam was sneaking glances at him.
Ming and Pha sat at the other corner and rounded off the dinner table, wondering what was going on. Their eyes met Forth and Yo's and an unspoken conversation went on between them over these 4 idiots.

They decided to try and tackle each pair. Pha started to make conversation with Beam who was across him whilst Ming pretended to ask Lam about some Sotus stuff. Yo leaned to ask Kit about the medic camp. However before Forth could say anything to Park, he stood up, citing a headache and left.

Lam looked at his friend who left and realised something was not right. He quickly took his leave wanting to check on Park.

Beam's eyes involuntarily glimmered but he decided to focus on his food instead, killing all conversation. Kit just kept on looking at his food and pretended to be busy on it.
Yo just sighed and decided to pick his battle. He decided to eat his dinner instead and made sure the strappy giant next to him ate his too. Forth was just bewildered by what had ensued whereas Pha, Pha was also just stunned.
Ming was not any better but figured he had to keep things going so he started cracking some jokes and soon everyone fell into an easy camaderie.

Though Kit was smiling eventually, Park's silence had eaten away at him.