Chapter 26: Forth

Beam had called me and told me on what Lam had done. I could feel a migraine coming on. This is exactly what I had warned Beam about. To be fair, Lam was being abit lenient by still being a friend but when one had fallen in love and the other was ignoring it, nothing could be worse.

I really did not want to interfere, because no.1 I didn't know how to and no.2 Lam would kill me. So I just listened to Beam rant/cry/sob. Where was Wayo or Kit or even Pha when you needed them? They were the best for such things and not me!

Just then as Beam ended the call, Wayo walked into the Engineering canteen holding a pink milk and a black coffee in his other hand. I smiled at him and he came and sat across me. He pushed the black coffee towards me and smiled. I accepted it gratefully whilst catching him upto speed on what had happened. He sighed deeply, not knowing what to do also.

Just then, Perth walked by. He came to our table and smiled at us. The last something like this had happened, Wayo was badly hurt. I wasn't ready to let something like that happen again but to my shock, Perth turned to me and asked "Hello Forth.. erm, its just that.. what I wanted to ask is..wouldyouliketogoutwithme?" In one breath.

I just stared at him for a while in shock, eyes not blinking and just stunned. Wayo looked at me and Perth for a bit before kicking my leg. I came back to my senses and smiled at Perth. He smiled even wider than me but his eyes dimmed when he heard my reply.

"Thank you Perth but I like someone else. I hope to gather the courage to confess to that person but I don want to go out with you whilst having feelings for someone else. I hope you understand.".

Perth's eyes dimmed but his smile hardly wavered. He expressed his gratitude at my honesty and walked away. "You like someone Forth? Who is it?" I heard Wayo ask hesitantly.

I looked at Wayo and just smiled. " I have liked this person for very long. Just that I don't know how to confess so I chose the best route currently, just being his friend. His person in need".

Wayo looked at me for a very long time. Just then the bell rang. I motioned that I had to go for classes so I stood up. I thanked Wayo for the drink, stuffed my hands in my pocket and was about to walk off when Wayo stopped me.

"Forth, have fun in class. I end at 4pm so I come pick you up for dinner na, boyfriend.".

My eyes opened big, hearing that and I instantly blushed. I blushed like crazy and Wayo chuckled at me. He stepped up to me, tip toeing and kissing me on my cheek softly. "Took me long enough but I have only seen you be there for me 24/7. When I need you, you are there. When I want you, you are there. When you should be there, you are there. When you need to be there, you are also there. And most importantly you are always there because you want it too. Sorry for taking this long na, Forth."

I smiled, shaking my head at this smitten   confession. I shook my head in acknowledgement and quickly walked away before Wayo decided to tease me.

Suddenly, life didn't seem so bad. Heh.