Chapter 12: Wayo

I was so psyched for my outing with Joss! One Piece anime showcase, that hardly happened and to get tickets for such an event was even more harder.

I dressed up in a blue shirt monogrammed specially with One Piece's logo, sleeves rolled up with black jeans and sneakers. I was really super excited! Ming had tried to get tickets for me and failed so to eventually be able to see them, it was truly a surprise. Plus Joss was a really nice guy. Forth had spoken so well of him so I knew I was in good hands.

I dressed up then decided to go hang out at Forth's for abit whilst waiting for Joss. I texted Joss to let him know and off I went. I knocked on Forth's door but there was no response. That's odd, usually he's in his room unless there were prior drinking plans but the group chat was empty today.

I tried again but since there was no response, I decided to call him. I called Forth.

"Forth, where are you? I came by your dorm to hang out but I don't see you?".
"I am at Fido, Yo. I thought you were going out? Max and Tul wanted to drink for a bit so they invited me. What's up?".

"OH nothing much. I thought of chlling here whilst waiting for Joss and also show you my outfit. Its monogrammed specially with One Piece!".
"Ah! I'm sorry. It's ok. Take a picture? I will check it out? And stay safe na, if you need me to pick you up, text me. Its at Bangsit Auditorium right?".

I replied in affirmative, promised pictures and hung up. Just then, Joss walked up. He was early, which was good! I didn't have to think so much of what to do. Joss and I went off, having a splendid evening. He was such a thoughtful friend and really treated me so well.

We spent a good 2.5 hours at the showcase and finally left. We had gotten dinner prior to that so we decided to head home. Just as we stepped out and I was busy figuring out if I should call my driver, Joss leaned over to kiss me on my cheeks.

I gasped in surprise. I wasn't expecting that! I looked at Joss; my face instantly reddening at such a intimate gesture.
"I hope I didn't shock you. I like you Wayo and would like to date you. Will you be open to that idea?".

I just looked silently at Joss, unable to comprehend what was going on. I didn't realize he felt that way about me. My face just blushed even further and I looked down sheepishly. I cleared my throat and told him to let me think about it. Joss offered to pick me up for school the next day and said I didn't have to rush through my answer. I was truly taken by his respect towards me. I nodded in agreement to him picking me up. Just then, Forth called out to me.

"Forth?!?! What are you doing here?" I was surprised to see him! Forth just smiled, mentioning he wanted to send me home since it was on the way. He then looked at Joss, "will it be ok for me to send Yo home?". I was surprised as to why he would seek Joss's permission.
Wait unless, he saw the kiss?!?

I was abit worried on how Forth would be with the idea of his friend wanting to date me but he seemed ok so far. Joss nodded in affirmative and sent me along. I promised to meet him at Morning Mama for breakfast and I went off with Forth. Our ride was quiet but amicable. However something seemed a little off about Forth that I quite couldn't put a finger on.

I got off at my dorm and looked at Forth.
"Are you OK? You seemed a lil off?"

Forth chastised me for thinking too much and sent me off. I went off not wanting to pursue it further but something was bothering Forth. If only he would speak of it....