Chapter 16: Wayo

I was waiting for Forth and Beam for lunch. Joss had just left after spending the morning in my dorm. He was such a sweet guy and dating him was the best idea ever.
Well it would almost be the best idea except that I felt Forth has been drifting away from me. However, Forth repeatedly maintained the stance that nothing had changed but I knew my instincts better.
I was just glad that they were coming for lunch so i decided to make the best of it. Just then I realized that Joss had left his jacket behind. This was his favourite jacket recently since he always said it was his first gift from me. I chuckled imagining the expression on his face once he realized it was missing. Since his dorm was just the next building, I decided to go over and give it to him and come back.

I went over to his dorm and I was about to turn the corner to the entrance when I heard some voices. One sounded oddly familiar, wait, wasn't that Joss?!?! I was about to walk up to him but then I heard him.

"Dating this Wayo was the best idea you have ever given me baby. I really didn't realise how rich he is. I just wonder why Forth never dated him seeing how he constantly looks after and takes care of Wayo. But who cares, better for me I guess. He's like untouched unchartered territory. But he's such a ninny, going on about wanting our first night to be special and all. I just set up the camera today. Who cares if I sleep with him. I can just use his naked footages when he is in his room as bait too. Though I have to admit, he makes a wonderful sugar daddy material.".

I gasped but quickly covered my mouth so he didn't hear me. My face reddened and I realized I was quaking in anger. I was just being made use of. For once, I thought I has a decent man who just loved me but guess, it's my money again which shone I guess. I stepped back, away from the corner and ran off to my dorm, dropping the jacket in the process. I went back to my room and just sat down in shock, anger, sadness. Trying to put a finger on it was impossible. But more importantly, it was disappointment in myself. That I fell for such a guy. Just then I heard knocks on my door. I heard Beam calling out to me. I quickly wiped my tsars, pretended like nothing had happened and opened the door for them.

Forth and Beam stood there, Beam smiling away cheerily and Forth hovering abit more awkwardly. I beckoned them in and closed the door. Before turning to them, I told myself inwardly that there is no way I am going go let these boys know anything especially Forth and have them worrying over me. I also had to find the bloody camera. I took a deep breath and turned around with a cheery fake smile.

"What shall we eat, Phi's? Let me know and I will order.".
"No need Wayo! We know you will do that so Forth placed an order for your favorite Tom yum and calamari otw. I ordered my Korean bimbap and gyudon for Forth."

I smiled at them, especially at Forth who always knew what I wanted. Beam excused himself to the toilet and I quickly stopped him!
"Uh, the flush isn't working. I am sorry. I forgot to get it fixed. Can you use Ming's dorm just 3 doors down? I got a spare key.".

Beam chuckled. He said sure and off he went. I went off to make drinks for us and Forth came and stood at the entrance.

"Is there something wrong? You seem abit jittery. Is everything OK?" He asked me softly. I held it in. Forth being so soft and endearing towards me wasn't helping. Has he always been this nice to me? I shook my head, assured him everything was fine. "OK, you have a toolbox right?" I nodded absentmindedly as I was making our floats for our lunch. Just then I heard Forth open the bathroom door. SHIT!

I quickly ran over to him and tried to stop him. But it was too late. Forth had tried my flush and realised it was working . He turned to look at me and saw my face. He instantly knew I was lying. He was about to ask something when Beam came back. I closed my eyes and shook it subtly.
"Hey you got the toilet fixed Forth??? Great!!!".

Forth looked at me before replying "Ah no, I tried but it's a larger problem so we may have to call a plumber in." I heaved a small sigh whilst Beam just went damnn and just then, the door bell rang. Beam went off to answer whilst Forth walked towards me and jsut looked at me questioningly before walking off. I was very thankful that he didn't pursue it.

We had a very good time together and time passed by in a flash. Around 7, Beam left as he had to go meet Lam for a bit. Forth asked if he could stay a while and I nodded affirmatively. I put on a show on Netflix and we got comfortable to watch. Just then Joss called. I grimaced when I saw his number flash but remembered Forth was around so I just answered it casually.

"Hello baby, what are you doing? Look, do you want to join me and the boys at Fido?". I replied that I will do so another time as I was hanging out with Forth. Joss hemmed abit but eventually let me go. I sighed abit before turning my attention to the TV. It was an action movie and I knew that Forth would have been consumed by it to be distracted by the phone call.

"Is it me or is there something wrong with you and Joss? You don't usually sigh like that. It's like as if you are happy to be rid of him. What's going on? And earlier with the toilet too, its working perfectly well. So why are you lying? Beam has been gone for an hour now and yet you haven used the toilet. What exactly is going on?".

I turned my head slowly, in disbelief that   Forth had been watching and listening to everything. I gulped, knowing that I had to come up with something fast to hoodwink him.

"And don't even think of telling me a lie, Yo. That's the last thing I need from you. Unless you think I'm only deserving of lies.".
My heart nearly broke into half hearing him say that. I quickly stood up and tried to walk away and then Forth held onto my wrist. He swirled me around only to catch my teary eyes and shivering physique. He pulled me towards me, hugging me tightly.

"Fuck this. I know you have a boyfriend but at this moment, I am only going to do what feels right."  I heard Forth whisper in my ears. I pulled away to look at him and he leaned forward to kiss me.

My eyes opened big in shock.