Chapter 21: Pha

I was walking back to my dorm when I changed my mind and decided to go see Ming instead.

I went upto his dorm and knocked on his door. A few seconds later, Ming opened the door, a gaming headset on his ears and the controller in his hands. "Pha! Are you OK? How come you are here?" He stuttered out in surprise.

He beckoned me in and closed the door. He went to tell his friends he had to leave and kept the computer on sleep mode.

"I'm sorry, was I interrupting? I didn't mean to. I just wanted to pop by and see if everything was OK. You just took off earlier...".

"Ah, I'm sorry. Yes everything is fine. I just remembered that I had promised the boys a game so I rushed back...." Ming stuttered out again but why did his story sound so unconvincing?

"Are you sure Ming? I feel like you have been avoiding me.. Did I do anything wrong? I am sorry if I did. I know I shouldn't have screamed at you over Pring but it's just that..."

"Nothing like that. Don worry about it. You are right, Pring is a girl and I should have been kinder." Ming interrupted me.

"You been kinda quiet though. I haven't really seen.."

"I have just been busy with school and Sotus Pha. Don think so much about it." Ming interrupted me again.

"But Lam told me he hasn't seen you.."

"Don listen to Lam. He was just annoyed with Forth!" Ming interrupted me yet again!

"Ming!" I raised my voice in frustration. Ming raised his eyebrows at me and I internally groaned. I just took a step back.

"Please just listen to me. Without interrupting. Clearly something is wrong and you aren't telling me what it is. Maybe you think you aren't important to me but you have no idea on how much you are. I am sorry if I made you feel otherwise. You mean the world to me and having you not around me the last few days has been torturous. Even when I met you, you been distant. Even now, you have tons of excuses ready for me. I'm sorry for everything I could have done to hurt you. But you are very very important to me. Its ok even if you do lie to me but don't stop talking to me. Please, at least for a few mins daily. It maddens me when I realized I dont hear from you because i get so worried on how how you are and if you are ok. Please.".

I got it all out in one breath and just looked down at my shoes sadly. My eyes were threatening to spill and I could feel my heart all constricted. But I was tired of Ming avoiding me. It didn't matter to me if he didn't tell me the truth. At least even if he kept talking to me, that's all I needed.

I decided to leave before I cried and made a mess of myself. I took another step back and turned. Just then, Ming came forth and hugged me from the back. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and refused to let go. I jsut sagged at his touch and just held onto his arms. My tears split down slowly and I could feel my heartbeat accelerate just a wee bit. Ming turned me around and lifted my chin up to look at him.

"I love you, ok? Alot. I mad love you. I realize I was starting to fall for you badly. That I was looking at you as more than a friend and it hurt me when you chose Pring over me. That's how I saw it.  I hated the fact that you found the need to be constantly nice and polite to everyone even when they made use of you. I really wanted to punch Pring for getting you drunk and wanting to take advantage of you. But I couldn't for she was a girl and more importantly I know it would have made u mad if I behaved like that. Your opinion counted for more but I was tired of holding my feelings back. I thought if I avoided you for abit, it will go away but I am just being dumb. It hasn't and it wnt go away. I love you Pha, you are very very very important to me. I am sorry if I made you feel otherwise.".

I looked up at Ming, my tears falling harder and I just hugged him in reply. He held onto me tight, muttering his sorry whilst I held onto him harder, breathing him in deeply. I really missed this boy. He had made me feel a roller coaster of emotions over the last week or so and hearing him finally made me realise too why it meant so much to me too.

"I love you Ming. I love you too. I dunno when and how and why but I know only you make me feel this way. Be mine, will you?"

Ming just nodded at me teary eyed and just hugged me back tight. Finally, both of our heart calmed down and we pulled away from each other, just resting our foreheads against each other. Ming smiled cheekily at me and I just snorted in reply. This boy, will be the death of me.