Chapter 22: Lam

Monday came by quickly. Given that Saturday had been exhausting, I wasn't looking forward to the weekdays at all. Plus Kit's words had swirled around me all weekend and I just blushed again recollecting those words. Damn, I keep blushing too many times over this.

I am the Ice Prince for God's sake. I really got to keep upto my image. Damn. I went through school, watching 2 sappy boys. Park, I could understand. But Forth too? He looked extremely happy for some reason though when I probed, he was just tight lipped. I just threw him a dirty look but our lecturers kept us busy so he escaped.

It was around 6pm when we all ended our long ass day and decided to meet the boys for dinner. Park and Kit sat next to each other, Ming and Pha too. This wasn't unusual except that these two idiots were holding hands too. Omg, another couple??!

Beam, Forth and I gave the newly minted lovebirds a dirty look whilst Yo was jsut happy for them. Ming was nonchalant though his arm around Pha suggested otherwise whilst Pha just kept blushing furiously. I was happy for them though, but it reminded me sorely of my own lack of abilities to confess to Beam. But then again, this was Beam we were talking about plus he never liked dating a friend. He had his own personal opinion on it so though he was happy for the boys, that didn't mean it changed the way he felt about dating friends. I was really in a losing situation. I kept quiet and decided to just enjoy my friends' company. We had a merry time together.

Around 9pm, we all left, heading home. Beam came to me and asked me if I could drop him off. Of course, I nodded without batting an eyelid. We sat on the bike and this time, Beam just held onto my waist, without being prompted. He held on tight and I just grinned involuntarily. It was a nice ride back, complemented by cool weather and smooth traffic.

We finally reached Beam's dorm, too early for my liking but I didn't say anything. "I will see you tomorrow then? Rest well Beam". I muttered softly and was ready to kick start my bike again when Beam held onto my wrist. I looked at him and he went "Why don't you stay over tonight? Your classes aren't too far from my dorm so you can just go from here? Plus I have the new movie you been wanting to watch so I thought we could sneak in a movie together? If that's OK?"

I smiled at Beam, the color pink dusting my cheeks slightly. Shit, it wasn't a good look for me! I nodded my head in affirmation and went off to park my bike while Beam waited for me. We went up together to his dorm. We took turns showering and he loaned me some stuff to wear. Thankfully, it could fit ok. It was nearly 11pm by the time we settled in bed with the laptop but since we only had afternoon classes, it wasn't so bad.

Beam and I caught the movie together and it was really good. Plus it was enjoyable to just spend some 1 on 1 time with him and best part, he had initiated it. Cheap thrills! Almost towards the end of the movie, I felt Beam flop and sleep on me. Poor boy must be tired. I finished off the movie, switched off thr laptop and set it down slowly on the side table. I got him to lie down properly and covered him up with a blanket. I decided to get a smoke break before sleeping. I made my way to the balcony quietly, opened the door slightly and stood at one corner smoking. The night sky was just dazzling.

I just looked at the sky whilst recollecting how I had first met Beam, how we had clashed initially because his Casanova image irked me; how I found out that it was just an act to protect his own heart after seeing his parents failed marriage, how he was always there for his friends. We became closer when he became firmer friends with Forth. Along the way, his heart, personality and valued caught my eye and captured my heart whilst his good looks was just a bonus but I got to admit, at times especially when I was drunk, it was hard to remain anything but lustful seeing Beam.

But most importantly, the fact that Beam mustn't be hurt at any cost was the one thing that weighed heavily on my mind. Hence even if it meant hurting myself, I was determined to look after Beam. I finished my cigarette, went to brush my teeth and got into bed. I looked at Beam who was sleeping like a child, hair all floppy and just resting on his forehead carelessly. I laid down and just looked up at the ceiling for abit. A few minutes later, I felt Beam stirring, "Not sleeping yet? Aren't you able to sleep?" I heard Beam ask sleepily. I just chuckled softly and asked him to continue sleeping. I didn't hear anything so I assumed he fell back asleep again but then I felt him come closer to me and wrap his arms around me. He pulled me in and nestled his head on my chest. I felt my heart beat accelerate a little but his warm touch soothed me. He patted my chest as he fell back asleep. Lulled by his patting and soft breathing, soon, I was deeply asleep as well.