Chapter 27: Lam

I looked at my phone again, wondering if I should text Beam. I had a rough day at school and needed to talk to someone. Beam was usually my first person but I thought I should put some distance between us.
Being friends was enough, I don't think we should be close friends. Because that will get my heart broken again and I really didnt want that. 

I zoned out to that day again. He didn't look like he was lying or just kissing me in the heat of the moment. But why would he say it that way? Was he really just being a Casanova again? Was it really just a mistake?? I was lost in my thoughts until I felt someone shaking me. What the! I looked up to see Wayo and Kit panting away, trying to get my attention.

"What happened?! Why are you two panting like this?!"
"A fight broke out between Beam and two boys from the Science faculty. They said he led their girlfriends on and got one of them pregnant. Which is highly impossible as Beam has stopped playing but they are going all out to hit him. Pha and Park are trying to stop the fight but it's becoming worse. Can you come?!? And the best part, Beam isn't fighting back. He is just letting them hit him when he clearly can put them down.".

My eyes opened big at this! I ran off and jumped into the fray to help them. Pha and Park were successful with 1 guy who really kept them up with his skills but Beam wasn't fighting the other guy at all. In fact he was getting beaten up. I launched myself straight at that guy and knocked him out.

It was such a messy affair that it landed the two boys and Beam into major trouble. They were hauled off to the Dean's office whilst the 3 of us were given warnings. We waited in frustration outside the Dean's office only for the boys to appear 2 hours later, both boys suspended along with their girlfrends since they were caught lying. Beam was let off with a warning but he came out, with injuries all over given he didn't fight.

I wanted to run up to him but kept myself in check. I let Pha and Kit do it instead who fussed over him. By then, Forth and Ming had joined us too. Wayo was just so distraught over the whole thing that Forth just pacified him quietly on the side. Pha and Kitcwanted to send Beam but he refused and took off on his own. He didn't try to look at me even once.

I watched him go only to see 6 boys staring at me. "What?"

"Are you sure you really want to do this? Have you thought about it? You know as well as anyone he didnt do it. Plus he didn't even fight back. If I knew better, it was like Beam was letting those boys punish him for the way he had behaved towards you. He is a stupid boy at times but he has his heart in the right place. Don't you think it's about time you guys spoke about it? You both look so miserable.".

It was the first time I had heard Wayo speak so firmly and yet confidently. This relationship with Forth was doing him good and he must have been very affected by me and Beam for him to speak up. I saw Forth grip his shoulders silently in support. I stared at the boys for a bit then I sat down in defeat. I looked down, my tears glimmering and ready to spill. Park and Forth came forward and covered me, letting me have my private moment. A few minutes later, I stood up. I had made up my mind. I was going to go see Beam, throw caution to the wind and work this out.

The boys smiled knowingly I had made my decision. Wayo ran forward and quickly gave me a hug. I smiled and ruffled his hair, letting him go before Forth killed me.

"Su su na Lam!!" Ming and Kit cheered. Pha jsut smiled and showed me the thumbs ok sign. I smiled at the boys and went off to Beam's dorm. I knocked on the door but there was no reply. That was weird. I then used the spare key I had and went in. But it looked like he wasn't in.

That was odd. Where was he?? I opened the cupboard but his stuff were all still there, untouched. His books and bags were still here. Maybe he had not come back yet? I decided to wait for him lest he came back.

Hours passed and there was still no peek or sound from him. I jsut waited at the balcony, smoking quietly. I don't know when and how but soon I dozed off.

I woke up to sunlight streaming in and that's when I realised I had fallen asleep at Beam's balcony. I sat up with a start, completely puzzled and looked around. The room still looked exactly the same. Where the fuck was Beam?!?