Chapter 24

It was Saturday night and after a long time, the boys had gathered in Fido Bar for a night out.

Ming and Pha were busy flirting away whilst Park was just drinking quietly on the couch. Kit was busy talking to Yo. Forth was talking to Max and Tul.
Beam sat quietly looking out for Lam. He wasn't here yet. In fact it has been a week since Beam last saw Lam. Lam was still active on the group chat and went to school as Forth had shared. However, whenever Beam called or texted him, Lam did not answer. It was as if Beam did not exist in Lam's world.

"Lam! Finally!" Park called out. Beam looked up and saw Lam walking in with a friend by his side. Lam smiled at all of them and introduced his friend Pete, his junior from high school previously. They had met in University and Pete was in Communication Arts. So Lam decided to bring him along for the boys night out. He sat next to Park and beckoned Pete to sit with him, which meant Pete was sitting next to Beam.

Beam wasn't too sure on how to react but he kept quiet and held it in. It was an enjoyable night and around 1am, finally everyone decided to make a move. As usual, the two couples left on their own. Forth offered to send Yo home and that left Beam, Lam and Pete at the entrance of the bar.

"My boyfriend will be here in 5 mins Lam, you should go on home first. It was nice meeting you Beam." Pete waiied to the both boys and walked to the main road to wait for his boyfriend. Beam looked at Lam who just nodded his departure and left before Beam could say anything. Beam quickly ran after him and asked him if Lam could send him home. Lam agreed. Beam climbed onto the bike and placed his hands around Lam's waist.

For the first time, Lam took Beam's hands off and asked him to just hold onto the side of the bike. He rode carefully ensuring there was no bumps or sudden brakes. Soon, they reached Beam's dorm and Lam took his leave. Beam offered for him to stay but this time, Lam just smiled and rejected the offer, heading home on his own.

Beam just stood at the entrance of his dorm, knowing that he had messed up badly. Lam was back to how he was previously, just an acquaintance to Beam. He had shut himself off to Beam once again.