Chapter 6: Lam

I hurried off and managed to catch up with Park about 3 doors down from the cafe. I tugged at his hand and he turned around. Once he realized it was me, he just sighed and sagged. Something bothered him greatly.

There was a bar 5 doors down and we made our way there. After 2 beers, he started talking.

"Am I really that much of a troublemaker? Or else why would Kit say that?" He stuttered softly. I had an inkling of where it was going. I quickly texted Kit and called him subtly, without Park seeing and leaving the phone on the counter so the conversation could be heard.

"He said not to use his issue to satisfy my whim. But doesn't he realize I have stopped fighting in ages? And to think those idiots, fucking assholes did that to him and I cannot even make sure they wouldn't trouble him again without him thinking I'm a troublemaker. You have no idea Lam on how much my heart ached that day when I saw his wrist. Something just snapped in me. And after his words, I felt so frustrated that I just ended up going home to punch endlessly at the wall instead. Dumb I know".

I looked up in horror when Park said that. That's when I paid close attention to his knuckles and realized it was all bruised. No wonder he didn't eat at lunch or dinner! He didn't want to draw attention to his wounds. But here he was drinking on an empty stomach. Realisation hit me and I took his beer away!

He stared at me in anger. "I am not letting you drink on an empty stomach Park. It isn't good for you.".
I knew Kit had heard that because instantly the call ended. Park didn't realise as he was busy trying to get another drink.

Minutes later; barely 5 minutes later, Kit turned up with Beam and the rest. He marched up to Park, grabbed him by his hand and dragged him out, no words said. We all just stared at Kit who was being so territorial with Park and that poor guy had no idea and was just being dragged out.

I looked at the rest who just chuckled. I paid the bill and we all left, wanting to go home. Ming offered to send Pha home whilst Yo's driver picked him up. Forth drove off on his bike leaving me and Beam behind. Bloody Forth, he could have sent Beam home too since we all lived in the same dorm. Beam just nodded his goodbye to me and left. I quickly grabbed his hand and he turned to look at me questioningly.

"Let me send you back. Its late plus we live in the same dorm. Please?".

I uttered softly, not sure if Beam would accept it. He didn't want to have lunch with me on Satusday chasing me away eventually. I wondered if he will do the same today. Beam looked at me for a while and nodded his consent. I smiled, went t0 get my bike and came back. He climbed on and I took his hand to wrap firmly around my waist. He resisted but I insisted and we took off.

15 minutes later; we reached and I was quite reluctant to end the ride as that meant Beam would get off. He got off and looked at me.

"Thank you for the ride. I will see you guys on Sat then.". He waved at me and wanted to walk off when I grabbed his hand again. He turned around, confusion colouring his face.

"I know you have no classes tomorrow. Do you wanna do breakfast with me? My classes only start at 1pm.". I was nervous as fuck wondering how he would respond.
I heard him sigh softly. My heart dropped abit. He lifted my chin up and said "I would love to. It will be my treat for being silly on Sat k?".

I smiled widely, happy that my invitation got accepted. I nodded cheerfully and off he went. I went off to park my bike and that's when it hit me,

Hello I was acting like a love sick puppy. What the fuck.