Chapter 15: Pha

We all left, when we saw Kit kiss Park. I think the two boys needed their own time too. 
The boys and I stood at the lobby, promising to come back later to visit Park. With Kit looking after him, I really doubted he needed us there. Kit was so brave though to just kiss him there. Always knew something was going on between them. Beam and Forth were going back together as they were going to meet Wayo for lunch. Lam was going to go meet his boys for a bit and also update them on Park.

That left me and Ming alone at the lobby. Before I could say anything, Ming took his leave of me and walled off. I was stunned for a bit but quickly ran over and grabbed his wrist before he left out of sight completely.

"Are you going anywhere Ming? Want to have lunch together?"
"I got no plans Pha. Was going to go home and just game. Lunch..yea sure.".

I smiled at that and off we went. I was determined to apologise for the way I had shouted at him plus find out why he had disappeared the last few days. As we reached the cafe, we bumped into Pring at the door.

"Phaaaaaaaa! What are you doing here? For lunch??? Why never call me earlier? I would have joined u, naaa".
I felt Ming flinch ever so slightly at me. I hope he would not take off again. I knew Pring and he didn't exactly start on the best note.

"I has gone to see Park abit. It was last minute but I wanted to have lunch with Ming. Maybe another time, naa."

Pring flicked a gaze over at Ming. An unreadable expression came over her face but it was gone so quickly, I wondered if I had imagined it. She smiled demurely at me and said OK. She went off after a polite goodbye to Ming too.
"She is really nice.  I wish you and her could be friends Ming.".
I heard him scoff but he didn't say anything else. I didn't want to get into a squabble so I let it slide.

We sat down for lunch and that's when I broached the topic.

"How come I haven't seen you around for a bit Ming?"
"I been busy Pha. Plus whether I am around or not, it doesn't matter.".
"Why would you say that? You are important to me..".
"Important? Hmm, I think you got that wrong Pha.. I am one of your many friends..that's all."

I just looked at Ming speechless. Why would he say that? Doesn't he know how important he is to me? What do I have to do to show it to him? "Ming, why do you sound so funny? Is there something wrong?".

Ming looked at me for the longest period, opened his mouth but nothing came out. He then shook his head , smiled at me and just continued eating. What was going on? Why did I feel that Ming was just drifting away from me?