Preparations For The Unknown, PT2

(Continuing From Where Last Chapter Left Off, Ayoma Residence On Earth. . .)

"Nghh! Damn. . ."

Caulifla groaned after attempting to ease the soreness of her left shoulder. Grunting, she really had no one else to truly blame but herself for being left in such a state as she sat outside on the roof of Kuzuku's home. She didn't want to admit it but she had to admit, her teacher sure did have a good spot to observe the somewhat cloudy sky though she was definitely weary of where she sat. Knowing him and his wife, the fact that the two were pretty much in private at all times. . .who knows what they did. The thought made her shudder on the spot as soon as the wind brushed against her skin. Her regret for not bothering to change clothes after returning to which part of her sleeve showcased her toned yet bruised left arm. That thought in mind, she sighed, finally sucking up her stubbornness just enough to consider heading back inside. Everyone was probably asleep by now until she felt a very soft and warm fabric wrap around her. She felt warm but more so startled as her head whipped around as if she were ready to kill out of panic, the urge subsiding as she noticed a pair of slightly surprised yet amused eyes that mirrored hers stare down at her.

Grumbling, she spat, her eyes turning away from him and closed towards the snow that had covered the previous greenery, "Fawwhh, you nearly made me blow your head off! I'm surprised that anyone who knows you hasn't put a bell on you yet, Kuzuku." Shrugging, the young, married Saiyan simply took his seat down next to her only in his Gi's pants and a black long-sleeved hoodie.

"Trust me, they tried but let's just say it didn't work out too well," Kuzuku noted.

Taking it with a little grain of salt, Caulifla simply muffled in response by asking another question, "I thought you'd be asleep?"

"Hmm, I tried but 21 'convinced' me to run out and make an errand to the covenant store. Gotta satisfy her needs to maintain my position in the bed," Kuzuku chuckled before noting albeit more seriously, "Besides, I ought to be asking you that question. You should be getting all the rest you could get."

"Hmph, I'm fine! I just wanted some time to think it over," Caulifla assured.

The young male Saiyan blinked a few times as though he were surprised, "Wow. . .So I guess you can actually worry about something after all. . ." Before he realized it, he felt Caulifla's hand jab into his ribs as her face flush with embarrassment.

"How the hell did you come to that assumption!?" She snapped.

Though, Kuzuku paid her temper no mind and simply laughed it off while rubbing his sides. He had to admit, he's surprised she had enough spunk left in order to throw a punch like that still. Nevertheless, his laughter settled into a hidden sympathetic smile, "Well, it'd be understandable considering everything that's going on right now. The whole reason we are pushing all of you right now is simply because we don't know how strong this one really is. Not only that, but you seemed way more eager to push yourself." Kuzuku poked her injured shoulder playfully which made her shudder in pain in order to prove his point. Though, this did earn him a glare from her.

"Ye-yeah? Well I'm not worried at all, so take it. . .," She muttered back with a little bit of uncertainty in her voice.

Kuzuku sighed before noting, "You know, you aren't really helping your case by being hesitant in your responses. I know that right now, you probably are worried about Sadala greatly and it's obvious." He paused in order to take a glance at her reaction. She was silent, almost complacent to give in and listen to what he had to say to which he definitely hit close to home. He looked back up to the sky, continuing on . . .

"As of right now, people are dying over there and perhaps even those who you formulated a bond with. I know it must feel frustrating since I've been in that position before. Such feelings are a powerful motivation to improve one's self but they work like a double-edge blade. If you let yourself get consumed by those emotions then you'll do more harm to yourself than good and when the time comes for you to step forward in order to make that stand, you won't be able to last," Kuzuku explained.