weclome to the ministry of magic

I fished out the 4 vials of polyjuice potion that I had ready made from my bag. I handed the other 3 a vial each as we hid opposite the ministry of magic. hermione slipped out of our hiding place first and stunned a ministry woman followed by me they were both blonde, then harry and Ron who stunned two men one who looked really cocky and another ginger.

I plucked one hair from her head and dropped it into the vial. the potion began to bubble and fizz before it turned into a dull blue. hermione had a yellow one, harry had green and Ron had ginger. I gagged as I swallowed the blue potion. it was not pleasant.

almost immediately I shrunk slightly and my already blonde hair was now cropped and curly. I felt my face caked in make up and it was an unpleasant feeling. I looked at hermione who had also changed, she looked odd in her usual clothes. I looked down at myself and saw my hoodie and jeans- maybe not work attire.

——-

after changing into their clothes we entered the toilets as most of the other ministry members did.

once it was my turn to go into the cubical I knew exactly what to do as Mr. weasley had told me on many occasions how he entered the ministry. I stepped into the toilet and flushed.

once we were all inside we walked to the elevator. it moved and we all quickly grabbed onto handles. it stopped as suddenly as it started and we were flung forward.

"the department for the misuse of muggle artefacts" a loud voice echoed before the doors opened.

"ahh Miss Thompson, there you are. I was beginning to wonder if you were coming" an old man with white hair and crooked glasses croaked looking at me. hermione gave me a push and i exited.

I waved sutlely before following the man. "we have had a few problems with some biting tooth brushes and I'm going to need you to fill out these forms." he croaked again.

"yes. okay. I'll do it right away" i said sitting at the desk.

he looked pleased. "I'll see you later then. oh hello Arthur." my head shot up and i stared at my father in law.

he nodded at me and walked away. tears prickled at my eyes as i though that he didn't know who i was. he didn't know that i was jadee.

———

after a while i decided to see what was going on and i entered the elevator only to find hermione and harry back to normal while ron was still 'reganold' with a woman clinging to his shoulder.

"what happened?" i asked my eyes flicking from a soaking ron to the horcrox in hermione's hand.

"no time to explain, just run" hermione panted as the doors opened.

i felt myself grow and the make up disappear. i kept my head down as we hurried away.

we turned around to see the woman snogging ron like there was no tomorrow as he shrunk. when she pulled away ron stood there awkwardly whilst she stepped away astounded.

the real reganold appeared and people around us started to notice us. people started whispering 'harry potter' as we ran away from the spells that were being fired at us. we all gripped each other as hermione apperated us away.

i felt an arm on my leg, i landed and the grip was gone, a spell was fired, we were apperated again and then everything went black.