under water madness

today was the day of the first task. me and hope walked arm in arm to the edge of the lake where a boat lay waiting to take us across. I haven't seen Elsa all morning so I guessed she's my prize. hope wished me luck before retreating to where Ginny, gabbie, fluer and Eva stood watching me. I gave them a weak smile and dove in as the cannon sounded.

once under the water I transfigored myself into a mermaid. I saw Cedric and krum a few meters in front of me and Harry slightly behind. I speed forward passing my fellow competitors and kept going until I heard the distant voices singing.

"come seek us where our voices sound,

we cannot sing above the ground.

an hour long you'll have to look,

to discover what we took."

I followed the voices, I heard a shout of pain that sounded like krum but I couldn't see anything. I'd just have to hope for the best. I saw Hermione, Ron, Elsa and cho Chang lined up. without hesitation I grabbed Elsa and swam up ignoring the tearing sensation on where my leg would be if I didn't have a tail. I caught a glimpse of a grindilow before I made it to the top of the water. I took a deep breath, ignoring the pain, and got Elsa back to shore. Viktor krum was already above the water pacing and panicking. pushed Elsa up as Cedric arrived just inside of the water.

I knew I was bleeding so I stayed in the water as not to draw attention to myself. soon Ron and Hermione bobbed into view and not long after they were on the platform Harry shot out of the water and joined them. while they were all focused on Harry I climbed out and felt a warm sticky substance cover me as many gasped in horror. I struggled to keep myself upright.

"jadee can you hear me" Cedric asked

"mmhhhmmm" was my only reply

"okay you'll be ok..." Madame pomfrey started but I soon passed out and didn't hear the rest.