Aura Reading

What is the Aura?

Auras are the invisible energy that surrounds our body and all living things. Even a rock or a chair has an aura. Each person has their own aura that reflects their personal energy.

Our aura has several layers which reflect our personalities, lifestyle, thoughts, emotions and potentials. The name aura comes from the Greek word avra, which means breeze.

Some psychics are able to see several layers, and most people with training are able to see at least three. In fact, many people are able to see auras as children, but lose the ability as they mature.

Most people have an aura that envelops them within about a 3-foot radius, people who have endured trauma and tragedy often have larger auras. It is believed that the more spiritually evolved the person is, the larger his or her aura will be. The aura of the Buddha, for instance, was believed to have extended for several miles.

In traditional interpretation each layer of the aura represents a different area of life. For instance, the mental aura governed the thought processes and the emotional aura the emotions.

The layers of the aura pulsate outwards from the body, with the first layer being closest to the body and the 7th layer being furthest away from the body.

Each layer also increases in vibration as it moves outwards, with the 7th layer carrying the highest vibration.

The seven layers are: Etheric, Emotional, Mental, Astral, Etheric Template, Celestial and The Spiritual.

Seeing Auras

Most people do not see the aura with the naked eye, however with training, anyone can learn to see the aura, you can even learn to feel the aura. When the aura is first seen it appears to be white and almost cloud-like in appearance.

Gradually, as auric sight develops, colors can be seen. Every aura has a basic color that reveals important information about the person, this color shows the person's emotional, mental, and spiritual nature. There's a lot of information available for someone gifted with that type of sight. Some clairvoyants also detect energy patterns, blockages, and scenes in the energy field.

Our thoughts and emotions can be seen in our aura, this is where common sayings such as "red with rage" and "green with envy" come from. These thought waves come and go, and are not to be considered a permanent part of the aura. No one remains "red with rage" for weeks or months on end. However, negative thoughts and emotions can create permanent changes in the aura. In these instances, the colors change from the naturally glorious, vibrant colors into dull, repulsive, even evil looking colors.

Though you might not be able to see a person's aura at first, you can almost certainly sense it. You can attribute the magnetic or repulsive feeling you get when you first meet a person to his or her aura. With time, however, you can learn to see auras, which can help you better understand yourself and the people around you.

Average people possess average auras and the intensity and size depends entirely on their mood at the time. If they are feeling generous their auras appear strikingly beautiful. However, when they are contemplating something that might be underhanded or dishonest their auras contract and become murky. Genuinely good, kind people also possess large, beautiful auras.

Auras are at their most gorgeous when people are in love. Their auras expand and the colors dance vibrantly. When the two lovers are together their auras merge into one, creating a single aura that reaches heavenwards.

More adept individuals, such as spirit mediums are able to provide aura reading and aura interpretations. They can scan the body for blockages and imbalances, detecting and reflecting personality strengths, and describing scenes of events that have recently occurred or are about to occur.