Taurus

The astrological sign of Taurus and its personality

Tranquillity, joy of life and sensuality are essential to you: you are a simple and quiet nature. You find happiness easily because you are not competitive, your relaxed attitude and your common sense invariably lead you towards fulfilment, even though you are not the number one, even though you do not move in haste.

Constructing is important to you. Your patience and your persistence yield strong, steadfast, sustainable efforts that can withstand any pitfalls. You are gentle, with a slow thinking process, but once you have opted for an orientation, nothing, nor anyone, can make you change your mind.

You loathe changes in general and once you have taken the few major unavoidable decisions in the course of your life, you are on track.

Taurus' sayings and key-words

The sentence "I have" captures the character of Taurus, pragmatic above all.

Taurus is faithful, constant, sturdy, patient, tough, persevering, strong, focused, sensual, stable, concrete, realistic, steady, loyal, robust, constructive, and tenacious.

But sometimes it is also stubborn, rigid, possessive, spiteful, materialistic, fixed, or slow.

The sign of Taurus and its astrological characteristics

Rulership and exaltation in Taurus

Each astrological sign has traits which are similar to, or different from, those of certain planets. They are known as planetary dignities. The planet having the strongest affinities with a sign is said to rule the sign and to be in its domicile, i.e. at home. It expresses itself with all its might, unreservedly. When a planet does not match a sign too well but remains compatible, it is in its exaltation. It gets its strength and its energy from the said sign though to a lesser extent than a planet in domicile.

The sign of Taurus is in analogy with Venus, its ruler. It gets along well with the Moon, the planet which is in exaltation here.

The astrological sign of Taurus shares several features with the planet Venus: for example a propensity to charm. Conciliation, attractiveness, often artistic qualities. Sometimes lazy, materialistic and rigid.

To a lesser degree, the Moon's characteristics also influence this sign, i.e. imagination, sensitivity, and intuition. On the negative side: whims, subjectivity, or indolence.

It must be noted that the interpretation of each zodiacal sign echoes the meaning of its House: the first sign and the 1st House, etc. Therefore, Taurus, the second zodiacal sign, is in analogy with the 2nd House: material possessions, money earned, and in general, belongings. At the symbolic level, attachment to things and to people.

Taurus Elements, Quadruplicities, and Polarities

Earth element of Taurus
The twelve zodiacal signs are divided into four sectors matching the four elements: Fire, Earth, Air, and Water. An element includes three compatible signs (triplicity), each element being mutually complementary.

Taurus, like Virgo and Capricorn, is an Earth sign. People with emphasised earth signs have a practical and realistic mind and are down to earth. The earth element provides solidity, stability, persistence and a concrete nature. People ruled by this element know how to bring their undertakings to a successful conclusion and never shirk from anything. They are rather calm, slow, and cold, but they are resilient, with an iron will.

Earth is also synonymous with sensuality, earthly pleasures, and both material and sentimental security. However, the natives are also capable of incredible temper tantrums and outbursts of fury if their anger has been repressed for too long.