Aquarius

The astrological sign of Aquarius and its personality

You are particularly sensitive to the values of friendship in the sense that you see yourself as a link within a chain, certainly a different and original one, but with no will to flatter your ego or to individually assert yourself.

On the contrary, your aim is to immerge yourself in your friendly relations and to participate in projects and ideals of the whole human community.

Unpredictable and uncontrollable, to blossom, you enjoy or more precisely you need to cultivate your peculiarity. It is difficult to figure out your personality, because sometimes you can be humane and driven by collective values, and sometimes in different circumstances you seem curt when you feel that your desire for independence is at stake.

Freedom is not an empty word to you. It implies in particular problems abiding by the hierarchy and established rules. You find it almost unbearable to obey and to fit the mould, because this prevents your creative genius from reaching its full potential.

Aquarius' sayings and key-words

The sentence "We love" encapsulates one of the character traits of Aquarius, a sign willing to put its original ideas, its taste for ambitious projects, its humanism and its sense of friendship at the service of the community.

The sign of Aquarius is idealistic, altruistic, detached, independent, original, surprising, gifted, contradictory, innovative, humanistic, likeable, friendly, self-confident, impassive, quiet, intuitive, creative, charitable, elusive, disconcerting, generous, tolerant, paradoxical, and cannot stand any kind of constraint.

But sometimes it is marginal, resigned, distant, utopian, maladjusted, eccentric and cold.

The sign of Aquarius and its astrological characteristics

Rulership and exaltation in Aquarius

Each astrological sign has traits which are similar to, or different from, those of certain planets. They are known as planetary dignities. The planet having the strongest affinities with a sign is said to rule the sign and to be in its domicile, i.e. at home. It expresses itself with all its might, unreservedly. When a planet does not match a sign too well but remains compatible, it is in its exaltation. It gets its strength and its energy from the said sign though to a lesser extent than a planet in domicile.

The sign of Aquarius is in analogy with Uranus, its ruler. It gets along well with Saturn, his second ruler.

Therefore, Uranus' features influence this sign full of complexities, i.e. inventiveness, independence, energy to transform things, and enthusiasm for collective values, but also adaptation issues, extravagance, and insensitivity at a strictly individual level.

Aquarius also displays several traits pertaining to Saturn: discipline, patience, perseverance, rigour, concentration, responsibility, ambition, maturity, and discretion, but sometimes harshness, dilatory gesture, introversion, solitude, dryness, and lack of selflessness.

It must be noted that the interpretation of each zodiacal sign echoes the meaning of its House: the first sign and the 1st House, etc. Therefore, Aquarius, the eleventh zodiacal sign, is in analogy with the 11th House: it represents the native's projects, his friends, and his protectors. It describes the nature of his friends, his group activities, and the place he occupies within the group, contrarily to the more individualistic 5th house.

This 11th house is related to all kinds of humanitarian topics.

Aquarius Elements, Quadruplicities, and Polarities

Air element of Aquarius
The twelve zodiacal signs are divided into four sectors matching the four elements: Fire, Earth, Air, and Water. An element includes three compatible signs (triplicity), each element being mutually complementary.