Pisces

The astrological sign of Pisces and its personality

If you are Pisces, your psychological nature is adaptive and receptive, the exact opposite of the sign of Virgo whose very essence is to thoroughly analyze each thing, thus creating a permanent duality between the self and the outside world.

Conversely, Pisces absorb and wipe out any form of differentiation; with Pisces, there can be no opposition, no conflict, no individual reaction.

There is only fusion, non-separation, perpetual and mobile spreading of the self over some sort of blurred but huge feeling of sympathy with the environment. It is the supreme reign of feelings and emotions over the intellect and its separating reason.

Pisces' sayings and key-words

The sentence "We serve" encapsulates one of the character traits of Pisces people, devoted, sensitive, empathic, listening to people, always willing to understand their emotions with benevolence and to help them.

The sign of Pisces is emotional, sensitive, dedicated, adaptable, nice, wild, compassionate, romantic, imaginative, flexible, opportunist, intuitive, impossible to categorized, irrational, seductive, placid, secretive, introverted, pleasant, artistic, and charming.

But sometimes it is indecisive, moody, confused, wavering, lazy, scatterbrained, vulnerable, unpredictable, and gullible.

The sign of Pisces and its astrological characteristics

Rulership and exaltation in Pisces

Pisces are sensitive, empathic, and understanding
Each astrological sign has traits which are similar to, or different from, those of certain planets. They are known as planetary dignities. The planet having the strongest affinities with a sign is said to rule the sign and to be in its domicile, i.e. at home. It expresses itself with all its might, unreservedly. When a planet does not match a sign too well but remains compatible, it is in its exaltation. It gets its strength and its energy from the said sign though to a lesser extent than a planet in domicile.

The sign of Pisces is in analogy with Neptune, its ruler. It gets along well with Jupiter, his second ruler.

Therefore, Neptune's features influence this sign: imagination, intuition, empathy, sensitivity, generosity, inspiration, faith, but also sometimes gullibility, confusion, sluggishness, lack of realism and vulnerability to addictive substances.

Pisces also display several traits pertaining to Jupiter: enthusiasm, generosity, charisma, aptitude to become integrated, leadership, but also sometimes propensity to exaggerate, vainglory, excess self-confidence and its consequences.

It must be noted that the interpretation of each zodiacal sign echoes the meaning of its House: the first sign and the 1st House, etc. Therefore, the sign of Pisces, the twelfth zodiacal sign, is in analogy with the 12th House: it corresponds to the native's inner self, ordeals underwent his whole life through, hidden enemies, and serious illnesses.

It is related to places of confinement such as hospitals, prisons, convents, etc., and also includes solitude, sacrifices, and self-sacrifice.

Pisces Elements, Quadruplicities, and Polarities

Water element of Pisces
The twelve zodiacal signs are divided into four sectors matching the four elements: Fire, Earth, Air, and Water. An element includes three compatible signs (triplicity), each element being mutually complementary.

Pisces, like Cancer and Scorpio, are a Water sign: this element rules the world of emotions, the unconscious, sensitivity, and feelings. The natives ruled by the water element are secretive, intuitive and emotive persons who feel what is unnoticed by other people.