Chapter 7

Third Person's Point of View

She's patiently waiting at one of the luxurious restaurant in the town. Tapping her nails on the table while holding her phone on the other hand. He take a glance at the entrance to look for any signs of Zerron but she found none.

She heave a deep sigh and take a little sip on her wine. She lean her back against the chair and swirl the remaining wine. Her face lit up when she saw a familiar car park near the restaurant. She immediately fix her hair and check herself on the mirror.

Nang makuntento sa ayos ay mabilis siyang umayos ng upo at hinintay ang pagdating ng kasintahan niya. Gumuhit ang malaking ngiti sa kaniyang labi ng tuluyang pumasok si Zerron sa loob ng restaurant. Palinga-linga ito at parang may hinahanap. Kaagad niyang itinaas ang kaniyang kamay para kuhanin ang atensiyon nito.

Zerron immediately strode to her direction.

"Happy Monthsary, Babe" Masayang bati nito kay Zerron ng dumating siya. "What took you so long?"

"Happy Monthsary, I'm sorry,  I had to see someone" He apologized after he made eye contact with Heiress.

"See someone?" Tumaas ang kilay nito na tila nangungusisa. "Is that person really important kaya nagawa mong ma-late sa date natin?"

"Heiress, he's one of my investor. I'm sorry" He immediately responded. Tumango-tango naman si Heiress saka napabuntong hininga.

"Okay. Fine" Naniwala naman ito kaagad.

Zerron gave her a small smile and sit on the chair. He grab the menu and scan it. His brows furrowed when he saw the prices of the foods. Everything was expensive. Napabuntong hininga ito saka ibinalik ang menu sa table. His eyes diverted to the food that was already served. Steak, salad and expensive wine.

Heiress just smiled and hold his hand on top of the table. Zerron stared at their hands together. He doesn't feel anything, there's no spark. He doesn't feel thrilled about it. It seems like he was just shaking a hand of an investorㅡor a client.

"It's fine. Ang importante nandito ka na ngayon. So, anong nangyari sa pag-uusap niyo?" Tanong nito kay Zerron at uminom ng wine matapos bitawan ang kamay nito.

Natigilan naman si Zerron pero kaagad rin namang napatingin kay Heiress. He fix his tie and grab the glass of water in front of him. He suddenly feel the dryness of his throat.

"It's fine" He said between his breaths.

"Are you sure? Bakit iba ang nakikita ko ngayon? Mukhang hindi maganda ang mood mo dahil sa client na 'yon. Did he pull out the investment?"

Zerron cleared his throat. He can feel the throbbing of his heart. He muttered a curse in his mind. He couldn't understand why he suddenly feel anxious about lying. Maybe, because he met someone who's part of his life before.

"Sort of"

"That's not a good news at all. But don't worry, it's not your loss, it's their" Heiress stated while cutting the steak.

Nakahinga naman ng maluwag si Zerron dahil dito. Sinimulan na rin niyang hiwain ang steak.

"Babe..." Malambing nitong tawag kay Zerron. Saglit na tiningnan ni Zerron si Heiress bago itinuloy ang paghiwa ng steak.

"What is it?"

"Uhm, I was thinking....since we've been together for almost ten years now. Why don't we settle our relationship for good?"

Naibaba ni Zerron ang hawak na tinidor at kutsilyo saka napatingin kay Heiress na puno ng pag-asa ang mukha.

"What do you mean?" Tila naguguluhang tanong ni Zerron sa kaniya kahit alam na ni Zerron ang nais nitong sabihin.