Chapter 13

Third Person's Point of View

As usual, Zerron is busy signing all the proposed projects inside his office. His hardworking side is kicking in again but there's something different in his aura today. The coldness and seriousness doesn't leave him but he's more patient and a slightest kindness is noticeable.

"Sir, here's your coffee" His secretary carefully placed the mug on top of the table, afraid that it spill.

"Thanks" He answered without looking at her. Nanlaki ang mga mata ng secretary niya at hindi nakagalaw sa kinatatayuan nito dahil sa gulat. She's not expecting that her boss will thank her about it because he doesn't care at all.

Napatigil si Zerron sa pagpirma at kunot noong napatingin sa sekretarya niya na mukhang nabato na sa kinatatayuan.

"Is there anything else you want to say? Do you want a Cash Advance or you want a break. Maybe, three days is enough for you?" Seryoso nitong tanong. Napalunok ang sekretarya niya saka mabilis na umiling.

"N-No, Sir. Alis na po ako" Mabilis na tumalikod ang sekretarya niya at lumabas ng opisina na nagtataka at kunot na kunot ang noo.

'Anong nangyayari kay, Sir? Hindi kaya nasapian 'yon? Ni misan hindi naman iyon nagpasalamat o nag-alok ng Cash Advance saka leave?'

Napailing-iling ang sekretarya niya habang binabaybay ang daan pabalik sa opisina niya. Zerron continue his unfinished business while humming his favorite song. Tumigil ito sa pagpirma at napatingin sa cellphone niya. He scroll through his contacts and stop when he finally saw Zaera's name.

He lean at his recliner while tapping the table with his fingers and bitting his lower lip. He's staring at his phone screen with anticipation. He's expecting for her to call him but he knew that it is impossible. What if, he will do it instead? He was about to tap the call icon but he halted when hesitation and nervousness fill his system.

What if she'll get mad and prohibit him from seeing his son?. He sigh deeply and turn off his phone. Ibinalik niya ito sa kaniyang bulsa.

"Damn!"He curse out of frustration and massage his temple.

Napatingin siya sa may pinto ng bumukas ito. His thoughts vanished when he saw a familiar figure came in. She's in her usual luxury clothes, sparkling with stones and carrying a branded bag. She's still wearing her shades but soon as she entered his office she removed and place it inside her bag.

She smiled and strode to his direction. She lean closer and kiss his lips. Walang pasabi itong umupo sa hita niya. His forehead creased.

"Heiress" He said tiredlyㅡRefraining himself from saying anything that could hurt her.

"Wow. Hindi lang tayo nagkita kahapon, first name basis na tayo?" She seems pissed. She pouted.

"I'm sorry. My mind is occupied"

"Like what?" Tumaas ang kilay nito.

"Work, of course" He answered maintaining the eye contact with her. That's the only way that he could tell her that he's not lying. Naniwala naman kaagad ito dahil napatango ito.

"Anyway, saan ka ba kahapon nagpunta? I called you so many times because I wanted to visit your family but you're cannot be reach"

"I texted you that I have to meet the investor for the new developed vehicle"

"WaitㅡReally?" Kinuha nito ang cellphone sa bag niya at tiningnan. "But I haven'tㅡokay you texted me. I'm sorry, I didn't check my phone. Naging abala rin kasi ako sa vlogging kahapon ng hindi kita ma-contact" Hilaw itong napangiti.