Chapter 12

It has been a week. Things got well. Well, for the other they seem better but for Alexa, she's faking it. For Axel. Alexa wants things to get better for Axel. She does this for Axel and not herself.

How has it been going with Scarlett? sometimes it tenses, awkward but most of the time it's okay. Doesn't seem fake much. Actually, she might open up her heart a little bit. Nevertheless, she is still hurting from everything with the voices inside of her head.

She won't tell anyone. She won't even tell Axel because he just got his happiness back. He doesn't need to worry about her anymore. She can handle herself

Alexa has started to wake up in the morning without throwing a tantrum and go to school every day. She did this for Scarlett. She wants to prove to Scarlett that she can be good too. She changes herself. She's not the same troublemaker anymore. Okay, this is confusing even for herself. Sometimes, she's fake but sometimes she tries to prove to Scarlett that she could be the daughter she wanted too. Yeah, it's messed up

Every night, before she's asleep, Scarlett will always come to kiss her goodnight. Does it hurt? A little bit because she doesn't want her hopes to get up. What would happen when Scarlett knew how mess Alexa was? Things will change right? What happens when Scarlett finally realizes that she can't keep up with handling Alexa anymore seeing how damaged this girl was? Alexa can't get that out of her mind no matter how far she pushes away that thought.

But she is also lucky that she has practice for their play 4 days from now. After her day of being suspended, she started to get busy with practice and everything at school. So, she doesn't need much time to think about how to avoid Scarlett and Chris. No, Chris is okay. She knows Chris will do anything to make her happy and won't hurt her feelings. Because Chris is like Axel. But Scarlett, on the other hand, doesn't know how to describe this. Since she was little, she has wanted her mother loves. That's it. not more.

She and Axel were now at the auditorium for their practice. They have done their choreography and remembered their lines.

"Alexa, I have great news for you" Anna said and Alexa just raised her eyebrows to Anna for her to continue

"There's gonna be one slot for you to perform your solo. Mrs. Brown suggested it. It'll be at the end of the show while waiting for the result" Anna said squealing. Alexa was dumbfounded looking at Anna.

"Please tell me I'm not daydreaming right?" Alexa asks shocked

"Lex, this is great! You could do your own acoustic performance!" Axel said shaking his twin sister

Alexa just looks at her twin brother for a moment with an unreadable expression and then she screams, beaming up and down in joy hugging Axel. Axel picks her up and spin them around making Alexa giggles.

After a while of being excited, Alexa turn to Anna who were watching them smiling widely at them

"Wait, you didn't tell our parents yet, right?" Alexa asks

"No. I know you want to be the one who telling them about this" Anna informs her still smiling

Alexa then goes hugging Anna. The person who she sees as her mother figure for almost 5 years now. The person who was actually there for her and Axel when the 'incident' happened. And the person who saved them from that 'incident'

"Thank you, Anna. I won't be here if it wasn't because of you" Alexa said hugging her mother figure tightly. Anna just tightens the hugs too. She always considered the twins as her own too. She loves them like her own too.

"I'm so proud of you Alexa. Look how far you've come" Anna said, voice cracking. It is emotional for her to see how far Alexa has come now.

Alexa pulls away from the hug to see Anna when she hears Anna's voice cracking. Anna's eyes were red by now. Alexa just smiles sadly at that sight