Chapter 28

Alexa found herself standing behind her parents with Axel next to her, holding her hands, squeezing it slightly.

They are waiting for Mama's family now seeing as it was 12 in the afternoon. They're gonna have brunch together for the first time.

Alexa found herself in a nervous situation all of sudden but this is normal right? Nervous to be meeting with new people especially your own family is normal. Right? Yeah. Yeah. It's normal.

Scarlett has been texting with Hunter, saying that they are only 5 minutes away from the house. Chris and her have just finished cooking brunch for them.

The four of them then hear several cars pulled up in the driveway and by the sounds of the muffled chaos outside of the door, it's them.

Scarlett and Chris looked behind them to see their kids and saw the both of them pale and nervous which makes the parents understand and also chuckles at the expression.

"Come here, you" Scarlett said, grabbing Alexa to stand next to her and draping her arms around the girl who simultaneously relaxed.

Mama's comfort is always the best no matter what happens. Always works like a charm. Alexa didn't know she could relax this soon but everything in her life changed ever since Mama and Dad came back in their life.

Axel then goes next to Chris and Chris does the same with Axel.

"It's okay. Everyone's been so excited to meet you. We'll be here with you every single time, okay?" Chris assured them and the kids just nodded their heads in understanding.

Despite everything that had happened, they know the parents won't put them in a dangerous situation. So they trust them on that. Alexa trusts Scarlett on that. So not all of the trust was out of the window apparently so.

The doorbell rings,

Scarlett and Chris along with the kids, opened the door and they were to be met with the sight of lots of people in front of Mama's front door.

Okay, so, Mama has run down with the twins the list of who's coming and giving a bit of explanation about her family.

"Hey! Welcome to LA. Come in guys" Scarlett greets happily as she sees her whole family is here. She missed them so much.

Scarlett then goes to greet a woman in front of the pack, slightly older, blonde and a bit shorter than Mama. So that must be Mimi.

"Hi Mom, I missed you so much" Mama hugs the woman who is now confirmed as Mimi.

"Ah, I missed you too" Mimi said but she cut the hugs short and immediately pulled away as she laid her eyes on the twins.

"And I've been forgotten" Scarlett mutters quietly as Mimi stands in front of the twins, looking at the twins emotionally.

Alexa and Axel just stand there awkwardly but also smiling, hoping it won't show their nervousness.

"Hi, Mimi. I'm Axel. This is Alexa" Axel as the big brother he was, politely introducing himself and his twin sister. Alexa just shyly waved at Mimi making Mimi awed in adorable.

"Hi, babies" Mimi cooed in awe, making the twins smile widely and blush at the nicknames. They're 15. They're not babies but hey, don't poke the Mimi bear as Dad warns.

"Can I hug you both?" Mimi asks, caught both twins off guard for a moment making the adults behind them slightly worried as they saw the smiles falter from them worrying that Mimi might cross a boundary but it was not the case.

It was Mimi asking for permission if they wanted to be touched or not and it was seriously making the twins realize these people didn't take them lightly.