Chapter 42

First of all, this is just a fiction story. Any medical thingy in here I just googled it and maybe won't really makes sense but oh well.... Sorry....  

Morning came,

Last night was rough for everyone in the family. After Alexa finished telling them most of the things, they all went back home. Shocked and broken.

Scarlett and Chris couldn't sleep last night and they ended up in Alexa's bed, snuggling with her. Axel came into her room at 4 in the morning and the 4 of them snuggled into each other.

Scarlett really couldn't stop crying. She was exhausted but she couldn't stop.

This universe is really screwed up. They can't give Alexa and her a break. The mother- daughter was just about to be happy with all of the good things that were going on in their relationships.

Lizzie, Anna and Kimmy couldn't utter any words ever since they knew.

Everyone keeps asking in the back of their mind 'Why does it have to be Alexa?'

That poor girl has been going through a lot ever since she's a little girl.

Everyone wanted to come to the hospital today. They don't care if they'll grab the media's attention or what. They just want to be there to know everything they can do for Alexa.

So, there they are now. At the hospital. The Evansson family, Nana, Aunt Vanessa, Uncle Hunter, Robert and his wife, Lizzie and Robbie, Holland, Anna, Noah and Brian and also Kimmy.

All packed in the doctor's room. Alexa brought the packet from the London's hospital and she also had them transfer her medical report to this hospital for an upcoming appointment. She thought this through, she has someone doing it for her since she's still underage. And that kinda hurt them on what she's doing because she didn't come to them for help, which also they understand why.

She did this all alone even if she was underage. The doctor helped her. And she was grateful for them even though her family was mad about it.

"Glioblastoma"

That's what her cancer name was.

"Glioblastoma is a type of brain cancer. It's the most common type of malignant brain tumor among adults. And it is usually very aggressive, which means it can grow fast and spread quickly. But for Alexa's age, it will be more than what the adults experience" The doctor explains.

Doctor Artia, the best neurosurgeon in New York that Scarlett booked for Alexa.

"Although there is no cure, there are treatments to help the symptoms," Dr. Artia added.

"What kind of symptoms will she be having?" Chris asks in alert. They have to be ready for it.

"Because glioblastomas grow quickly, pressure on the brain usually causes the first symptoms. Depending on where the tumor is, it can cause constant headaches, seizures, vomiting, trouble thinking, changes in mood or personality, double or blurred vision and trouble speaking" Dr. Artia informs them.

Everyone took a deep breath upon hearing it.

It all makes sense now with all of the symptoms being stated to them.

Constant headaches, Alexa will say that she has a migraine. Changes mood in personality, always. One time she's in this silly mood, the next she and Scarlett will have World War 3. Double or blurred vision even if she's already wearing her glasses. They just thought she needed to upgrade her glasses.