Chapter 15

TW: PANIC ATTACK!  

It has been 3 days since Rose and the twins met for the first time. Rose spends so much time with Alexa and Axel after they back from school. Alexa has really taken her fakeness seriously. She really pushes aside her own feelings that have been hurt. She just wants this to work out for Axel. That's all that matters for her now. Axel happiness. Because when he's happy, she'll be happy too.

That night Scarlett has come to say goodnight and kisses as usual and wanted to explain it to Alexa but Alexa assured her mother that it's fine, she understands why Scarlett did it. Because she really understands why Scarlett did that. But as usual that doesn't mean it hurts her less and will make the voice in her head go away like that.

Alexa awake feeling churn in her stomach. Like something bad gonna happen today or is it just because she's nervous because today is comps day for her plays. Everyone is gonna be there. Her parents, her parents work friends and everyone is gonna watch her performing too. She really wants Scarlett to be there for tonight. No matter how much she's gonna ignore that she really is mama's girl, how much some of Scarlett's actions hurt her, she still wants her mama to be there for her.

It's her big night.

Alexa gets ready to go to school. They have to be in school earlier than anyone else for last practice and set-up to make sure nothing is gonna be wrong when the play starts.

There will be 5 schools in competition for this season. And the twin's school is going to be the host for today's event.

Alexa goes downstairs to be met with her father and Axel only.

"Where's Mom?" Alexa asks worriedly

"She's sending Rose to her dads. Romain said he can't get out of the meeting and so, he asks your Mom to send Rose to him since they have to catch their flight soon after that" Chris explains

"Hey, she promised she's gonna be there" Axel assured his twin sister.

"Bubs, your Mom will come, don't worry. She wants to see you play and perform" Chris added

"Yeah, she came to my soccer game yesterday, right? She'll surely come to yours too" Axel said

"It's not mine. It's ours too Axel and I'm fine. I know she'll come. I trust her that she'll come" Alexa exclaimed, smiling sadly while Axel smiled widely.

She trusts her. This is a big deal for Alexa because she's not this type of person who easily trusts people after what has happened. Especially with her and Scarlett. Axel knew Alexa already trusted Chris because Alexa has permanently called him 'Dad, Papa and Daddy' but with Scarlett it changes most of the time.

"Now, let's go. Anna has been texting me to send her favorite students to her" Chris said, clapping his hand while playfully shoved the kids to the car, making the twins laugh at his statement.

-/-

-2 hours later-

The play is about to start and everyone has started to fill in their seat. Alexa and Axel peeking from behind the curtains to see who was there already.

They could see their family fill the seat that had been assigned for them already. The two rows in front of the stage. But the one person who Alexa was really looking forward to wasn't there yet.

She's fucking nervous about it. And the one person who she needed right now isn't here with her. It's okay. Scarlett will come. She may be running late, traffic or something. She knows Scarlett will come because Scarlett promised her and Alexa really holds onto that promise so much.