Chapter 14

Alexa and Axel were now in front of Scarlett's house. They didn't have practice anymore because comp day is in 3 days. So, Anna wants them to have proper rest and not over-do themselves before comps day.

Alexa could see Chris' car here. And one car that she didn't recognize but she knows that's probably Romain's car because Scarlett texted Axel that Rose had arrived. Yeah, Axel not Alexa.

Axel has told the parents that Noah is going to send them back home. So, there's no need for either of them to pick the twins up at school since it's their off day from filming after intense 1 week of working.

Axel and Alexa got inside of the house and were greeted by laughter all over the house coming from the kitchen. It's Chris and 2 more laughing voices. Who's the other one? They made their way to the kitchen and see Lizzie, Scarlett, Chris, Robert, little blondie girl that's on Scarlett lap and that must be Romain sitting next to Chris who were laughing loudly over something

Rose was the first one to notice her brother and sister at the kitchen

"They're here!" Rose said squealing and squirming from Scarlett's lap and straight to hug both twins' legs because of the height difference. Everyone head snap turn to Alexa and Axel who were now kneeling in front of Rose

"Wow, they really look like mini Evans and Johansson" Romain commented in awed looking at the twins who were blushing over the comment.

"You're Axie and you're Lexie! Mommy always told me stories about you guys living in a castle. Are you guys now free from the castle or did you have to go back to the castle from time to time? Can you bring me to your castle?" Rose blurted out

Alexa and Axel raised their eyebrows at Rose's question. Castle huh?

"We are free from the castle already. You know what, you're already a princess, you didn't need a castle to define you're a princess" Alexa explains, smiling softly at Rose. Everyone watches in awed as they hear Alexa explaining things to her little sister.

See Scarlett, you're underestimating Alexa too much.

"Mommy, why did you say Lexie might not like me? She's pretty and soft already with me" Rose said blurted out looking at Scarlett innocently. Everyone's eyes widened at her statement. Alexa just stood there frozen in track.

What the hell did she say to her daughter? Why in the hell did she say that Alexa might not like her? Alexa's heart shattered and everyone could see her face fall at that. She still didn't make any eye contact with the adults

"Baby, I didn't say it like that" Scarlett said to Rose, stepping closer to her children. Alexa gets up and steps back with a hurt expression, still staring at the floor.

"Then, what did you say?" Rose asks confusedly

"I say she might need some time to adjusting having little sister because before this she's the baby, Axie took care of her" Scarlett explains

"Oh, I'm sorry Lexie. I thought you won't like me" Rose said innocently looking at Alexa.

Alexa look at Rose and smiles sadly

"It's okay. It's no big deal. People will always have misunderstandings. I'm not mad Rose. In fact, I can't wait to have many sleepover and spending time with you" Alexa stated truthfully but they can sense the hurt laces her voice

"Now, I gotta go clean myself up because I just got back from school. I'll see you a bit, okay?" Alexa added and when Rose nodded her head, Alexa sprinted upstairs leaving everyone there in the kitchen. Axel just looks at Scarlett with a mad and hurt expression written all over his face. He knows that Rose misunderstood it but Scarlett shouldn't even tell her that.

But nevertheless, he just leaves it be. He needs to comfort his twin sister now that is hurt by the comment. God, he just fixes this morning mess and now the new mess that Scarlett created. Why is it hard? Ugh!

-/-

Alexa and Axel didn't go downstairs even after they finished changing into clean clothes. Axel just keeps Alexa company by doing some of homework, memorizing their line for their play in 3 days and everything that could help Alexa keep her mind off from today's event.

The adults decided to let them both be on their own though Scarlett really wants to go upstairs and explain everything to the twins but Chris talks her out of it to give them time alone.

When dinner came around, Lizzie was the one to come pick the twins from their room and go downstairs having dinner with everyone.

Romain was the only person not there anymore. He left because he had to attend the dinner meeting with his client.

Chris sees them and he smiles at them, the twins gladly return the gestures.

"Ooh! What's for dinner?" Axel asks smelling something delicious

"Mac and cheese! Mommy made the best mac and cheese ever!" Rose replied excitedly, making Axel chuckles and ruffled her hair.

Alexa goes sitting next to Lizzie and Robert. Far away from Scarlett. Which it did hurt Scarlett about it because Alexa loves to sit next to Scarlett.

They started their dinner with Rose babbling about things she does when she's with Romain. Alexa pays some attention to Rose but other than that, she's playing with her food on her plate. Scarlett of course notices this.

Lizzie put her hands-on Alexa thigh and started rubbing it slowly knowing how she's feeling right now. Alexa just looks at Lizzie and smiles at her godmother.

"Oh! Did Lexie and Axie see our house in New York? They're gonna stay with us there, right mommy?" Rose asks

THERE'S ANOTHER THING! Scarlett didn't tell Alexa yet that once they finish filming in LA, the twins are gonna come stay with her in New York. Axel has already been told about this in their usual morning conversation because Scarlett knows Axel will be okay with it.

Alexa froze, dropping her utensils and stared at Scarlett for the first time today in shock. Scarlett looked nervous about it.

"Yeah, of course we're gonna stay with you guys. Where else are we gonna live?" Axel said smiling to Rose and ease the tension

Alexa then stares at Axel in disbelief. She really wants to storm off or even run away right now but she can't do that in front of Rose. She didn't know anything and when Alexa did that, surely, she'll ask many questions about it

Well, it's time to fake everything back. She has done it before, so, it'll not be hard this time. Was she mad at Axel for not telling her? Yes, a bit but she understands why. She knows Axel wants her to hear it from Scarlett herself. Well, Alexa is a really genius kid actually. She understands why Scarlett did this in the first place. She knows but it didn't stop from hurting her that she could tell Axel everything about it but not Alexa.

How low did they see Alexa will handle this? How bad do they think she is? They realize that she's a mess, aren't they?

Damn it, this thought came back to haunt her!

"Lexie, Mommy says that we could furnish and paint your room and you too Axie!" Rose said grabbing Alexa attention

"That's a great idea, Rose. I can't wait to paint my room with you. What do you think my room should be like?" Alexa said starting her fakeness

Rose and Alexa continued chatting about their house at New York while the others just eyeing each other and then back to Alexa.

Axel knows Alexa is faking her emotion again. He knew it.

This gonna be rough from now on. 

---------- 

Oh wow that's harsh. It really harsh.