Chapter 41

Everyone was now in the living room after cleaning up the dishes except for Axel. He had gone back to his room after tire himself out from crying.

No one stops crying actually. Scarlett's eyes have gone swollen. Which understandably so why.

They were now sitting in the living room in silence, waiting for Alexa to explain everything to them. But Alexa didn't say anything at all. She didn't have it in her to explain to them or how to start but she knows they deserved to know about it.

"When did you know this?" Chris asks, break the silence seeing as no one's gonna say anything firstly.

"A week before the big debut in London" Alexa responded, muttering under her breath as she was seated on the couch away from each other.

Everyone took a long deep breath upon hearing it. It has been a few weeks. 3 weeks to be precise ever since the big debut in London. So that means a month of this secrecy.

"That is why you started drinking and partying, isn't it?" Noah asks after a long time being quiet about all of this. All of it clicked onto him immediately. The realization dawned on Brian and Noah.

"How did you get to thinking that you want to get a medical check-up?" Uncle Adrian asks curiously

"You've been in pain for too long isn't it Lex?" Scarlett added. She knows her daughter too well already at this point.

"How long have you been in pain?" Scarlett continues as she looks her daughter in the eyes sincerely and brokenly. Berating herself for not noticing but again, Alexa is good at putting up a tough act.

"Few weeks before I went to London" Alexa replied but this time quietly, hoping that they wouldn't hear her but unfortunately they heard her loud and clear.

"Alexa" Scarlett said defeatedly as her tears didn't stop, biting her lips from letting out a sob. Alexa's fingers dug in through her skin as she heard the pain in Mama's voice.

"It started when Jessica pushed you to the wall, isn't it Alexa?" Lizzie connected the dots, sniffling as she also cried.

That's when the realization dawned on everyone's faces. Especially Scarlett.

And she's immediately feeling guilty for not checking it at the hospital. This just makes Scarlett cry harder as she puts her face in her hands to hide it but it didn't do any good since she was full on sobbing.

Alexa of course knows her mother as she cupped her mother's face with her hands just like how she did with Axel just now, kneeling in front of the couch where Mama is seating on

"I know I should've checked it out" Scarlett hiccups as she looks at her daughter

"Even if we've checked it out, it won't come out that early." Alexa stated as she shook her head softly to her mother.

"Why won't you tell me that you're in pain Mushy? Why baby?" Scarlett asks brokenly as her tears keep on streaming down.

"Because then I won't get to go to London. I won't get to be closer with you, I won't realize that all I wanted to be was with you. I won't get to meet Harrison again, I won't get to show the whole world about my talent. I won't give you something to brag about to the whole world about your talented sweet girl, Mama" Alexa exclaims softly as she wipes her mother's tears with her thumbs as she, herself, swallows back her own tears before it can come down. They all need comfort right now and Alexa will provide it for them.

"I'm not regretting this. I will do it a thousand times and won't change it" Alexa added.

"But it's not fair, I just got you back, Mushy" Scarlett said hiccuping in her sobs as everyone watched the mother- daughter interaction in pain. This is too much pain.

Alexa is Scarlett's everything ever since she was a baby. Alexa has always been Mama's girl other than her two children.

"And you will always have me Mama. I'll be here with you" Alexa said

"But it's not forever"

"Hey now that's not fair. You said that I'll always be in your heart forever?" Alexa teases, hoping to lighten up the mood but it doesn't.

"You know what I meant Lexie" Scarlett responded

"I know Mama. But I can't lie to you like how I lied to Axel just now. I don't want to cry in front of you guys. I promise myself I won't because all I want you guys to remember me is by me laughing, by me being strong, by my smiles that always light up your whole world" Alexa said as her voice cracked at the end and she covered it by clearing her throat.

And now everyone knows why she hasn't cried and it just keeps on breaking their heart more and more.

"You really don't want to take the treatment bubs?" Chris asks, sniffling over his snot, eyes red from the crying.

"I want to be the happiest terminally ill person ever. If I accept the chemo, I'll spend most of my time laying on hospital bed in pain and you guys worrying, wallowing over me. I don't want that. I want to spend my time with you guys, making memories with you guys. I want to spend the rest of my day with you guys until my last breathe" Alexa explains

They've never seen Alexa this soft. And it really breaks their hearts seeing how Alexa always thinks about the others instead of herself.

"We're going to the hospital first thing tomorrow" Chris states firmly and Alexa just nodded her head agreeing.

Alexa knows they want to know more about her cancer. They deserved to know that actually.

And that night, everyone goes back to their house in such a silent state, mind still wrapping around on what's going on and what just happened at dinner.

The discovery still left them shocked and broken.

Especially to the Evans- Johansson's family because that night, they spend the night together in Alexa's bed, hugging and cuddling each other as they cry silently while Alexa just holds them tight in comfort. 

----------------------- 

I know, I know. I love pain..... And also, reminder, this is just fictional story, some things might not be making any sense. 

Hope you guys enjoy reading <3 

I'll see you guys in the next one. Lots of love and have a great day/ night ahead of you!