Chapter 16

After Alexa panic attack, Chris, Axel and Anna stayed with her until it was almost time for Alexa to perform. Axel was really mad at Scarlett but more to himself because he made Alexa have hopes on it. He gives Alexa the idea to have hopes back in her life.

Axel goes hug Alexa one last time before he goes outside to sit in the audience with Chris. They don't know what songs she's gonna sing. Alexa actually thought she wanted to sing something cheerful but she's already changed her mind. She'll sing her own song today. That's the only way for her to express her feelings right now and she is truthfully hurting from it.

"Now, ladies and gentlemen, we have special performance from one of our students today, please welcome Alexa Evans- Johansson" Mrs. Knight, the host for tonight introducing Alexa to the crowd

The crowd started cheering when Alexa came to the stage and sat on the piano. She looks over one last time at Scarlett's assigned seat. And it is still empty. And her tears started clouding her vision.

"I LOVE YOU LEX! YOU CAN DO THIS!" Axel said, trying to grab Alexa attention from staring at the empty seat and he notices the tears.

Alexa looks at him, giving him sad smiles. She also looks over at everyone. There's Lizzie, Robbie, Renner, Hiddleston, Hemsworth and his wife, Downey and his wife, Ruffalo and his wife. They're all here except for her mother.

Alexa then started to play the piano. Axel immediately recognized the melody.

"She's singing one of her own songs" Axel stated as tears clouded his vision because he knew exactly who this song pointed to even from the beginning. He heard Alexa sing it at school the other day.

"She wrote her own songs?" Lizzie asks and she has to make a double take to look at Axel who already has tears in his eyes. Lizzie face softened at that sight

"She doesn't know how to express her feelings into words. She expresses it by music and singing. This song is about- she wrote it the other day when she's- "Axel explains stumbling over his words as tears cascaded down his cheeks.

-Let's just pretend Easy on me was written by Alexa. And I chose this song because it somehow accurate to Alexa about her parents too-

There ain't no gold in this river

That I've been washing' my hands in forever

I know there is hope in these waters

But I can't bring myself to swim

When I am drowning in this silence

Baby, let me in

Go easy on me, baby

I was still a child

Didn't get the chance to

Feel the world around me

I had no time to choose

What I chose to do

So go easy on me

There ain't no room for things to change

When we are both so deeply stuck in our ways

You can't deny how hard I have tried

I changed who I was to put you both first

But now I give up

Now, they know what she's truly felt all this while. They have tears in their eyes as they hear Alexa confession through singing.