Chapter 21

It has been 3 days since the accident occurred at the twins' school. It is also 3 painful days for the parents and everyone to get Alexa to eat or even talk.

-/-

Alexa awakened the next morning after having a certain nightmare 5 years ago. This all became too much for her. This is not just because Scarlett didn't come to her play when she made promises. She knows her parents are Hollywood artists, movie superstars and she's an understanding person truth to be told. But with all of her past and the present that's been going on right now, it's obviously too much. Her brain, her physical strength, can't take it anymore.

She thought that this happened because she put too much hope and feeling onto someone. Maybe it'll be better if she just shut down her emotions. Surely, Scarlett and Chris don't need a daughter that'll be this messed up and Alexa don't want them to waste their time on her.

Yeah, it's for the better. Just shut her own emotion and then the problem was solved. Scarlett and Chris won't have to deal with this mess and Alexa won't need to feel hurt again. It's a win-win situation. Right?

-/-

After the school incident 3 days ago, Evans and Johansson thought it'd be better if the twins took online classes from now on. Alexa still won't eat or talk with everyone. Axel can't even stay away from Alexa. He's always by her side, in her room because Alexa doesn't wanna go anywhere else. Just lay in her bed, not doing anything.

Lizzie, the Downey's, come visit when they have time. Or more specifically everyday. Have they tried to talk to the twins? They have. Only Axel responded to them.

The only thing that they got for Alexa to eat is her granola bar and enough water to keep her fully hydrated. But in those several days, they could see that Alexa has lost some weight.

So, after giving a lot of thought about this situation, Alexa doesn't wanna be a pain in everyone's asses anymore.

And that is how they all met her this morning. With full school attire.

"Baby? Do you want to go to school?" Scarlett asks shocked

She's been spending time at Chris's house and every night, she sleeps with Alexa and Axel each on her side or sometimes, Axel sleeps with Chris.

"Yeah. I don't think wallowing in my room will do any good for anyone" Alexa replied with an emotionless face.

This is the first time she said a full sentence after a few days.

"Mrs. Brown has agreed for you both to continue with your online classes. It's fine bubs" Chris said

"I don't want to be locked up in my room. I need to do something. I need to go to school." Alexa replied

"Are you sure Lex?" Axel turns to ask his twin sister for confirmation or searching for any clue on what she's on about.

"And if I stay here in this house, what'll I do more? What will you guys do? Bored to death handling me? Trying to heal whatever is far damaged? It's better that I shut this emotion off Axel" Alexa answered as she knows what her twin brother is trying to do.

Axel has his suspicions and when Alexa told her about that, he knows she's shutting her emotions and this will be harder than it was.

"Lex, don't do that" Axel said scarily. The parents just watch the kids interaction, confused

"Do what Axel?" Alexa asks angrily

"Lexie, did you shut your emotions off?" Scarlett asks calmly but on the inside she was freaking out

Alexa just stares at them emotionless. God, the three of them were really scared when they saw how emotionless she was. This is not how they expect for this to be happening.

"I'll go get ready," Axel said, giving in. He has too. Because he needs to keep an eye on her and he swears that whatever it is, he'll protect his twin sister

Axel gets ready leaving Alexa, Chris and Scarlett.

"Baby, are you sure you wanna go back to school? We don't wanna force you into things" Scarlett asks worriedly.

"You never force me into anything because you are barely in my life" Alexa deadpans her mother.

That shit stings for sure.

"Alexa" Chris warns his daughter but Alexa doesn't give shit.

Alexa just rolled her eyes and waited for Axel.

-/-

Chris and Scarlett had dropped them both off to school and on their way home, Lizzie called them to ask about their whereabouts.

She's in front of Chris's house and no one is answering the door.

"We'll be there in 5 minutes. We dropped the twins off to school just now" Scarlett said, making Lizzie's shock at that statement.

"I thought they were doing online classes?" Lizzie asks confusedly

Scarlett and Chris sigh in exasperation while looking at each other.

"They are supposed to but Lexie doesn't want to stay at home" Scarlet replied.

"She's shutting off her emotions" Chris added quietly

"No...." Lizzie said shocked. She knows if people shut their emotions off it'll not do any good on that person. Especially her goddaughter.

"We'll be there soon" Scarlett states and ends the call.

Another sigh escaped her mouth. How does she fix this? She really needs to fix this soon before Lexie couldn't come back to her, to everyone and she'll be damned if she can't get her Lexie back.

Chris goes to take her hands that were in her lap and kiss the back of her hands making Scarlett look at him with pure adoration, pure love.

"I don't want to lose her again, Chris. If I lose her, we'll automatically lose Axel too" Scarlett said quietly.

"No. We won't lose her. We won't lose either of them. We'll do everything in our will to get them back. We'll try everything. You're not alone. We're in this together okay?" Chris states. Squeezing her hands to assure her

"Okay" Scarlett said, smiling at him. Grateful for his endless support and grateful that their love story is starting. Hoping it'll last forever. Because he's all she wants. Him, the twins and Rose are enough in her life.

-/-

Throughout the day, everyone at school doesn't even bother the twins. Especially after the threat that Axel made several days ago. No one wants to mess with him at all. They saw how in rage Axel was and even before this happened they know that he is so protective towards his twin sister.

But Brandon's accident just proves to them to not actually be messing with him with his twin sister.

Alexa doesn't even interact with anyone at school. She's just quiet. She's not herself and everyone knows it. Lucky on Axel's side because he was hoping that Jessica won't mess with his sister when she's already messed up on the inside. 

----------------- 

Oh no, Oh our poor baby girl :(  It'll definitely gonna be a tough ride for them all but rainbows always comes after it. We just gonna have to wait for it but for how long right? You're just gonna need a lot of patience. 

I'm sorry for the MIA! Been struggling a lot at work and obviously draining my energy and mental health at the same time. 

 I love you guys in every universe <3!