Chapter 45

*29 November 2023*

2 more days to Alexa and Axel's 14th birthday. Their first birthday to celebrate it with their parents, their families.

And it has been 2 days since Alexa's throwing out her guts

She's been as good as new the next day after that and they continue to spend the time together as a family of 5 but still being mindful and careful.

Mama even has Alexa's doctor on speed dial. Mama, Daddy and Axel have their phone with them all the time and within Alexa's side.

The day when they got home from the aquarium, when Alexa started her vomiting symptoms, when Alexa started showing her fatigue by just laying down throughout the rest of the day, couldn't eat anything that made everyone in the house worried tenfold. Mama has called Mimi, having a mild breakdown over the phone

-/-

"Mushy, are you okay for your class?" Scarlett asked as she was sitting on Alexa's bed, next to Alexa who was laying in bed as she just spent half of her morning laying since her dizziness struck once again.

Alexa and Axel haven't gone to school in person ever since they came to New York. Well because when they settled down in New York, they discovered Alexa's sickness and with her condition, their parents didn't think being in school would help so they assigned the twins to online school. Home school. Though Axel will still go for his extracurricular activities, but these days, he didn't want to. Because he wants to be with Alexa.

"Mhm" Alexa said, opening her eyes, blinking it softly as she got up slowly and rested her back against the headboard. Scarlett couldn't help but to plant a kiss on her daughter's forehead to which Alexa smiled sleepily in response. She loved this bond she got with her mother now. And she knows now that her parents love language is everything there is. Gift giving, time spending together, physical touch, what else? Just name it and the parents will provide it to the kids.

"Your teachers will understand if you can't. We'll understand if you can't baby girl" Mama said softly and with concerned

"Need to do something other than lay in bed Mama" Came Alexa's response. "Just laying in bed will get me more tired and I don't really like that"

"Because you need to rest more. Your rest time isn't like before Lexie. It required double the amount or even more than before. You understand that right baby?" Mama said as she caressed Alexa's face softly

"If I'm not in class, then what should I do? I don't wanna lay in bed the whole time"

"Well, we could go downstairs, watch TV, any movies you want" Mama said, willing to accompany her daughter. Not that she will be spending too much time away from Alexa either.

"What about your work? You haven't been seen working"

"I have been working but not much. Only regarding The Outset for the time being baby. I want to focus on my babies firstly" Mama responded. She also has been planning a surprise party for both Alexa and Axel.

But Alexa just furrowed her eyebrows because most of the time, Mama was with her. But she shrugged it off because all work now could be done via mobile phone so it's understandable. Well for her mother part that could be done via mobile phone since Mama gotta recorded herself with the products for marketing and stuff.

"Have you told Rose about it?" Alexa asked quietly. She's been sick ever since the aquarium and Rose has been concerned so much. If Scarlett wasn't there with Alexa, Rose is. Just simply accompany Alexa and they'll talk about random things.

Scarlett bit her lips slightly and nodded her head as she did tell the little girl. Last night after dinner. When Alexa couldn't join them since she's already asleep after taking her pain meds.