Chapter 29

So, the sleeping arrangement for the guests has been set.

Aunt V and Uncle Dean in the first guest room, Uncle Adrian and his husband in the second guest room and then Mimi gonna be in the last guest room.

Uncle Hunter said he wants to bond with Axel so he's sleeping with his nephew and Eliza with Alexa. Eliza is excited to have another cousin that is close to her age. As you can see, there's Rose and her for the grandkids in the Johansson's family.

So, having Alexa and Axel is gonna be fun.

As time passed by, they all just stayed at home, chilling and relaxing because tomorrow they'll have barbecue day at the backyard pool.

Mama suggested that they can introduce Anna, Noah, Brian and Joshua to other families too seeing that the twins are practically raised by them.

It was now currently midnight,

Eliza was fast asleep next to Alexa but Alexa was currently staring at the ceiling with her headache. Pretty sure it was a migraine. Got that a lot lately. Maybe due to the fact that she's thinking a lot and she's pushing aside her emotions. Lots of things happened. So a migraine is understandable apparently.

Insomnia and Alexa are best friends at this point. So, it's not so shocking for Alexa anymore.

So, Alexa sighs in exasperation as she slowly gets out of bed and out of the room without making any sound because she has a guest in her room who is currently fast asleep, tired from all of the flying here.

She climbs down the stairs to go to the kitchen to grab some pain relief medicine because she needs to go to sleep as soon as possible. They are all gonna wake up quite early tomorrow for tomorrow's activities.

As she reaches the kitchen, she knows there's someone in there because there is a voice and also because the kitchen lights are on.

She stepped closer and it was Mama and Mimi. Alexa decided to go back upstairs but as soon as she heard her name, she stopped, listening in on the conversation that Mama and Mimi were having.

"There's a pain in her eyes as soon as I saw her. As soon as I lay my eyes on her beautiful green eyes that match yours. Honey, I can tell that she's been through a lot more than what we've all known. There's a battle inside of her that we didn't know she had but I believe there is a battle inside of her. She's fighting a war on the inside" Mimi said softly

Alexa just stood there stunned. This is the first time ever she heard people say it outloud and she was there to listen.

Sure, she did have an internal battle inside of her but she never allowed it to be a presence. She hides it very well. But apparently, not anymore because Mimi just met her today and she already knows about it?

Her thought cut when she heard Mama's sniffling. Why is she crying? Is she crying? Alexa thought confusedly.

"I saw it too," Mama said in her cracked voice.

Well, now she knows everyone knows but they didn't say anything about it. Kinda relief because she did not want to have an awkward conversation about it when people pointed it out. But also she felt warm that actually someone was caring about her too much that they could see the pain in her.

"And I know I was the reason behind it all" Mama added, her tears flowing down like a waterfall as she sits next to Mimi, Alexa on her back and they are facing the backyard so that's why they didn't notice Alexa.

Now, that was also true. She's the reason behind it all but Alexa can't help but feel sad about it. She wants to blame Scarlett for it but she doesn't like it when Scarlett blames herself. She wants to but she can't.