Good Night

Aiah gently opened the door and peeked her head in, "Hi, I'm here." She grinned when Mikha turned her head towards her and smiled.

"Hi. You're early."

She pushed the door wider and let herself in with a hand on her back. "I missed you eh." Aiah let the door closed and moved closer to Mikha. The latter seemed to notice she was holding something on her back.

"Ano yan?"

The girl quickly showed a single stem of sunflower and said, "Tada! A beautiful sunflower for a beautiful lady."

Mikha rolled her eyes, "Bola."

"Hoyyy it's not bola." Aiah pouted and handed it over to Mikha who lovingly held it.

"Thank you."

Aiah sat on her bed. "Always, love."

She endearingly smiled at Mikha and fixed the girl's hair on her face.

"Aiah." Mikha called her attention.

"Hmmm?"

"Lie beside me?"

"Okay."

Aiah grabbed the sunflower form the girl first and put it in a vase and then she laid beside Mikha and put her arms around her. The latter moved closer to Aiah and rested her head on the girl's arm.

"What do you need pa love?" Aiah gently asked as she caressed Mikha's head.

Mikha shook her head. "Just hold me please."

She held her closer and kissed her forehead. "How's your day?"

"Same." The girl said, tired in doing nothing.

Aiah chuckled at the girl's tone. "Nothing new?"

"Hinihintay kang bumalik." Mikha mumbled on Aiah's shoulder.

"Kawawa naman ang bebe na yan. Hinihintay lang ang amo na bumalik."

Mikha abruptly looked up at her and glared. "Anong amo? Amo mo mukha mo."

Aiah laughed. "Cute." She put her finger in between Mikha's brows and gently pushed it upward. "Wag na kunot ang noo, tatanda ka agad niyan sige ka."

Mikha pushed her hand away and went back on snuggling in Aiah's arm. She mumbled incoherent words making Aiah lean closer.

"Ano yon?"

"I'm scared." Mikha mumbled again.

She raised her brows, slightly surprised by the question.

"Scared of what love?" Aiah gently asked and stroked the girl's back.

"What if the universe collapse?"

Smiling at the random question, she said "Ang random but if the universe collapse..." Aiah stopped and thought about it first. "Hmmm...."

"I'd give it you."

"Huh?" Mikha looked up at her again.

"You could have mine. I'd give my universe to you."

The girl stared at Aiah. "You...really," Mikha shook her head with a smile and cheeks a little bit red. "Kahit kailan ka talaga."

"What?" Aiah chuckled. "Nagtanong ka, sinagot ko lang."

"It's been in my head the whole day." Mikha said.

"Talaga? What else were you thinking of?"

"What if walang moon and stars in another life?" The girl asked seriously.

"What if I'm alone?"

Aiah backed away slightly just to see Mikha's face and expressions clearly. The girl was really serious with her questions and she looks at Aiah like she was going to disappear any time.

"You'll have my moon, I'll give you the stars. I'll give you everything including me so you'll never be alone."

Mikha stared and she didn't smile. "You're too giving."

"Everything for you, Mikha."

The girl frowned, she turned away from Aiah and laid on her back. Her head still resting on Aiah's numbing arm.

"Naka box na ba gamit ko?" She asked.

Aiah nodded. "Yeah."

"And the other ones?"

"Donated na."

Mikha hummed in approval as she closed her eyes.

"I think it's today love."

When she said that, Aiah immediately tried to sat up but failed since the girl's head was still on her arm. She leaned on her elbow for support.

"What do you mean? I..." Aiah bit her lip. "Give me more time Mikha Lim."

"Kanina ko pa tinitiis, I was just waiting for you to come back." Mikha weakly said.

"No, I...Mikha Lim." Aiah pulled out her arm and sat properly on the bed. "Hindi pa ako ready." She whispered.

Mikha opened her eyes to look at Aiah. She reached out her hand to her and Aiah immediately took a hold of it.

"Nagprepare na tayo Aiah." Mikha smiled. "Can I have one last request?"

Aiah tried to fought back the tears and gulped down the lump on her throat. She said, "Ano yon?"

"Sing me a lullaby?" Mikha tried her best to say.

Without missing a beat, Aiah started to sing for Mikha.

Darling, I'd wish that you

Could give me some more time

Aiah sang as she was holding Mikha's hand. She caressed the back of the girl's hand with her thumb.

To herd thе whole sky in my arms

And releasе it when you're mine

Mikha was staring at the girl, trying her very best to keep the smile on her face. She weakly pulled Aiah and gestured her to go back beside her.

I'd tell you I thought I loved you too

I just didn't have the words to say

She laid down again beside Mikha and continued to sing. Aiah wrapped her arms around the girl, her voice was shaking. The tune was getting lost but the words are heartfelt. Every word in the lyrics were meant.

That I'd put the beach in your backyard

In hopes to be enough for you to stay

"Good night, Aiah." Mikha whispered as her eyes slowly closed.

Aiah stopped singing and let her tears fall. "Good night."

"Darling I'd wait for you, even if you didn't ask me to."

And then, there's a long sounding beep that echoed the room. Aiah laid there still hugging Mikha. Silently crying over the girl.

"I'll be with you in another life time."