Spare Keys

[ Aiah was always at Mikha's place, sometimes does her groceries, sometimes just to hang out. She was so frequently there that Mikha decided to give her spare keys. ]

---

At first it was bizarre to have Aiah walk around the house comfortably — she moves around the kitchen arranging Mikha's groceries. Sometimes she's there when Mikha wasn't. She invites herself over, waiting for Mikha to come home.

Then Mikha just get used to it — she wouldn't complain, actually she likes that Aiah was always there. 

"Mikhs, nandito sa upper drawer to ah," Aiah called out as she put some packed ramen in the kitchen drawers. The house owner hummed, sitting on the sofa and watching something on her phone.

"Are you hungry? What do you want to eat?" 

Aiah crumpled the plastic bags and put it aside, naturally navigating through the kitchen like she owns it.

"Not really." Mikha mumbled. "You? Baka ikaw ung gutom?" She took a glimpse at Aiah before bowing down to her phone again.

"Hindi pa naman." Aiah sat beside Mikha and sunk herself comfortably on the sofa.  "What are you watching?" She quietly asked as she looked over the girl's shoulder.

"Anime."

"Title?"

"Naruto."

"Ah. Finally continuing it huh?"

Mikha nodded and shifted on her seat. She moved closer to Aiah as the latter puts her head on Mikha's shoulder.

"I'll be going early pala. Got to do some errands for my Mama." Aiah said with an accent on the word Mama.

Hearing this made Mikha look up from her phone. With a small pout, she asked "You're not staying for dinner?"

"I can come back naman," Aiah smiled. "Pero baka matagalan ako, gising ka pa ba later?"

The girl thought about it first as she paused her phone. She had to do something tomorrow morning so she needed to sleep kind of early — she doubts she will though — but Mikha craved for Aiah's presence even in just a small amount of time. 

However, not always would Aiah be available to hang out in her place. Their schedules would not be synched at all times. Just like now, where Aiah had to do errands for her mom. They only have little time to spend. 

So maybe, there's a solution to that.

"If I'm not awake later, dalhin mo na lang sayo ung susi."

"Huh?"

"Wait." Mikha stood up and grabbed the house keys. "Here, para madali ka na makapasok."

"Sure ka?" Aiah hesitantly took the keys from her.

"Yep." She said, popping the letter p. 

"Lagi ka na rin naman nandito eh." Mikha shrugs.

"Well, I have to go na." Aiah looked at her phone before stretching her arms and standing up.

"Eat first, don't wait for me okay?" She said, "Malelate ako ng balik."

"Okayyyy," Mikha uttered.

That night Aiah did went back late. Mikha had woken up in the middle of the night to see Aiah sleeping beside her and it made her smile and relieved that she gave her keys to the girl.

Magpapagawa na ako ng spare keys.

Early in the morning, Mikha prepared to go to her appointment. She was quietly brushing her hair when Aiah woke up.