Who's Courting Who? (part 1)

[ Flashback to when both Aiah and Mikha are courting each other and they don't really know how it goes. ]

---

Aiah was helping Maloi with placing the artworks in the lobby. An event where students are showcasing their art is currently happening and Aiah was one of the participant. Maloi was part of the student council who arranged this event.

While they were busy arranging the artworks, Mikha and her cheerleading friends arrived at the lobby.

Their group was noisy and fun. Mikha was just smiling and shaking her head at her teammates. 

"Ano ba yan ang ingay talaga ng mga yan. Tinalo pa ata ang basketball varsity." Maloi complained as she passed by Aiah.

The girl chuckled at her friend. "They're having fun."

Maloi made face but continued on what she was doing. But Aiah glanced at the group for a moment.

And she saw her, Mikha.

It's been a while since they met. But the junior was hard to be friends with. So she's not too sure how to approach her still.

Nonetheless, Aiah was determined. Really determined.

Especially when she could see how Mikha's smile reached her ears. Laughing at what her friend said.

Mikha was bright. She was like a warm blanket in a cold weather. 

She was like Aiah's favorite cardigan to wear whenever she wanted comfort. Like a hot chocolate accompanied by her favorite movie, binge watching while it rains. Mikha was that feeling.

A feeling that Aiah wants to cherish.

When they passed by her side, her eyes met with Mikha's.

She could see it. How the girl's eyes speaks.

Aiah was drawn into her, gladly absorbed into that vast ocean eyes Mikha was giving her.

Then when Mikha turned away, Aiah felt herself release a breath.

That's when she felt it, she fell.

Every time Aiah would see her, she would say hi or wave and smile. She would purposely go to Jhoanna's classroom just to see if Mikha was around the area too.

She became close with Gwen and she would sometimes go with the girl at the gym. Aiah would invite them two to eat with her after school. Awkwardly trying to start a conversation with Mikha but the latter would give her short replies.

It was fascinating to see how cold Mikha's exterior was. But from time to time Aiah saw how the girl would slip and show her sweet side.

Intrigued. That was the first.

Then it turned to admiration, to something more.

"Mikha!" Aiah was waiting by Mikha's corridor again as she called out to the girl waving. "Hi."

The younger girl looked at her, she couldn't decide if Mikha was annoyed or was just getting used to it.

"Ate Aiah." Mikha said, acknowledging her presence.

"Hi, uhmm I'm just waiting for Jho. Kaya ako nandito," Aiah rubbed her own arm knowing full well she sounded awkward.

"Ah okay?" Mikha nodded still looking at her.

"By the way uhmm," She started again.

"Yes?"

"Since you know, success ung inorganize nating pageant. Maybe you could continue doing it after I graduate?"