Before Saying Good Night

[ Aiah's day before going home to Mikha. She bought a sunflower and Colet accompanied her. ]

---

The door to the flower shop opened. Colet walked in and sighed when she saw Aiah choosing flowers.

"Aiah."

The girl turned her head, surprised to see Colet. "Colet! Akala ko hindi ka makakapunta?"

"Natapos agad ung trabaho ko, kaya pumunta na ako. Para na rin may kasama ka magbuhat ng mga box. Speaking of? Nasan na? Bat ka nandito sa flower shop?" Colet talked as she walked towards Aiah, looking around the flowers as well.

"Nasa car ung remaining boxes for donations. Ayun na ung huling box, tsaka I figured I could surprise Mikha with a flower."

"Dami niyo ng flower sa garden niyo."

Aiah stood up straight, holding a sunflower. "Bitter ka nanaman. Kelan ka ba kasi magkakajowa?"

"Hindi ako bitter. Tara na, nakapili ka na ba?" Colet put her hands on her jean's pocket.

"Yup, sunflower our favorite."

"Wala na ba niyan sa garden niyo?"

Aiah glared at Colet. "Nega."

Colet chuckled.

"Nalanta okay? Kaya nagtanim ako ulit kaso wala pang bunga." She continued.

She then went to the counter while Colet followed behind. After paying for the flower, they went to Aiah's car.

Colet checked the boxes in the trunk. "Konti na lang pala eh."

"Yeah, I told you last ones na yan."

There were two medium sized boxes in the trunk. One box holds some toys, caps, cameras, and other stuff. Another box contains shoes and some clothes.

Her friend nodded and closed the trunk. "Ako na mag drive."

"Really?" Aiah grinned as she threw the keys to Colet who easily caught it.

"Gusto mo rin naman."

"Thanks!"

The two were on their way to donate the boxes. Aiah quietly sat and waited by the car as Colet did all the talking and giving of donations. 

She waited as she stared at nothing.

It's been a while since she started donating Mikha's things to different shelters. 

But it always feel like she's giving something important away. There's this feeling of wanting to keep it forever.

That she doesn't want to let go of these things just because it was Mikha's

Maybe if she still holds on to these, Mikha wouldn't leave her. Maybe It will relive every memory she has of Mikha.

But also, she can't hold on to it.

She can't because it would be hypocritical of her.

Aiah tugged her lips up sadly. 

The car door then opened and Colet went inside. She put on her seatbelt while looking at Aiah. "Okay ka lang?"

Aiah shrugged, "Yeah. Let's go, I want to see Mikha."

Colet didn't say anything else, she started the car and drove away.

Mikha was in their house. Her room looks like a hospital bedroom. It was the girl's request because she said she wanted to feel at home if ever the day comes.

Of course, Aiah did her request. 

She would do anything for her.

Every one knows that Aiah would do everything for Mikha but they wouldn't know how much Aiah was willing to go.

They would be shocked to know how far Aiah did.

When the two arrived, Colet got out as well just to walk Aiah in her house.

Colet bit the insides of her cheeks, she fidgeted with her fingers, and scrunched up her nose. Obvious that she was thinking of something that's bothering her. She stood there beside Aiah, fighting with herself.

"Thanks for today. I'll go in, Mikha's waiting for me." Aiah said to Colet. 

"Lagi naman siya naghihintay." Colet mindlessly uttered.

Aiah frowned, "What's that supposed to mean? Anong gusto mong sabihin?" 

"Wala, wala. Ang sinasabi ko lang lagi siyang nasa bahay." Colet was talking like she wanted to continue to speak but stopped midway.

Hearing this made Aiah scoff and look at her friend with sudden tension, "You know why lagi siyang nasa bahay. Palala na ng palala Colet."

"Alam ko." Colet sighed. "Alam din nating lahat ang mangyayari, any time, any day."

Aiah clenched her fist.

"Gusto ko lang sabihin na ienjoy mo rin ang life mo."

"Seryoso ka ba?" Aiah was offended, not just for herself but also for Mikha.

"Aiah, alam mo kung san ako nanggagaling. Ako lang ang may alam ng binabalak mo!" Colet couldn't take it anymore. She was obviously frustrated at Aiah. She was frustrated with the situation.

"I shouldn't have told you. Kung hindi mo lang nakita ung papers."

"Aiah." Colet stared at her. Emotions waving in her eyes. Sadness, frustration, and most of all refusal to admit.

"Aiah." She repeated, "Dapat sinasabi mo samin to. Ayaw mo ba sabihin kay Mikha?"

"Let's end this conversation. Mikha needs me."

"Hindi. Ikaw ang may kailangan kay Mikha." Colet gritted her teeth, annoyed at how being uncharacteristically difficult Aiah was.

Aiah started walking away from Colet, holding the sunflower tight. She went inside the house and slowly moved towards Mikha's room.

Breathe in. Breathe out. 

Smile for her, Aiah.

Smile for her.

Aiah gently opened the door and peeked her head in, "Hi, I'm here." She grinned when Mikha turned her head towards her and smiled.